Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots should be ready for strike....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears the only way to get management to move is to play the same game that got our current contract moving. Fly strictly "By the Book". No more, we'll wait to write it up in ATL. Think of how many times this happens. Follow your POH and SP's word for word and this whole company will fall apart. It worked on the last contract. How can a legitimate write-up be questioned?

I'm sick of this whole thing. 100% retro for sure, commuter clause, access to the reserve data base for each day (no more "denied due to coverage, prove it"), no more "day for day swaps" , no more paying for FLICA, duty rigs, etc... These are a few of my high points.. Any other things one would wish to vent??

I think that most people want scheduling and quality of life issues before pay.

I would like to know what other airlines have 3 integration days at the beginning of the month??? Even better how many airlines have ANY integration days???

fam62c said:
The NMB will never release you from mediation and the company knows it so you can forget about striking. I wish I was wrong on this but I'm pretty darn sure that I'm not. You will be in negotiations forever as long as G.W. is in office. There is no way that the current administration is going to allow an airline union to get the upper hand against a financially troubled airline in the current economy. There is no specific time limit for Mediation under the Railway Labor Act; it can last indefinitely and that's actually the current trend. Mediation will end when the union accepts the company offer. Think I'm wrong?.................revisit this post 3 years from now when you are still in mediation. Also, full retro pay? Unlike Express jet you are part of a corporation that is in deep financial trouble....forget about it. Trust me on this one, I know more about the NMB and the Railway Labor Act than I would care to from very personal experience and it's not pretty. ALPA used to hold a lot of sway with the NMB but that's pretty much gone away now that the Republicans are in office and the industry is a financial trainwreck. I wish you guys/gals the best of luck, however, there's never been a worse time in the history of the airline industry to try to get a new and improved contract.
hahahah...four more years! AND we got rid of the Clinton Assault Rifle Ban. :)

Latest resources

Back