• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Vacation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll vote for it then. I had 20 days off with 4 in the current month and 3 days of vacation in the following month. I'm about 42% in base seniority. Not 100% sure if the awards are accurate though considering it was the first time anyone has seen the results. In any case I'm pretty sure I can most always get the 35ish hours required to meet the target credit window which will result in only working 8 days in a vacation month.

Not sure if I understand. Did you get paid min guarantee too? (75 hours pay per month or whatever).

I think the xjt-ers will agree to PBS if we maintain QOL. If management wants it so badly they wont mind increasing our pay rate 20 or 30% to get it.

Last edited:
Not sure if I understand. Did you get paid min guarantee too? (75 hours pay per month or whatever).

I think the xjt-ers will agree to PBS if we maintain QOL. If management wants it so badly they wont mind increasing our pay rate 20 or 30% to get it.

Yes I get 75 hours in this situation.

They won't increase pay 20-30% to get it. The union won't even ask for that because it isn't practical.

If you really want a new 2011 Camaro SS so badly you won't mind giving me your 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO to get it. :)

That whole "virtual credit" nonsense is a load of crap. I ALWAYS went for max time off. We are screwed!!

I disagree. Maybe, you just have not figured it out yet, because you spend too much time posting on FB and FI!

Even, a fifth grader can figure it out!

No it's the one we did back in sept I think. It's on flica under Bidding, pilot practice bid pbs, septermber.
I'm sure what "Scott Hall" haha said is possible that is why I asked the question because looking at the award it looks like 18-20 days off in a 7 day vacation month are gone for most of the group.

First, I will raise the BS flag on your insinuation, that under current line bidding system that most people can get 18-20 days off in a 7 day vacation month. That is only possible if you bid well, dropped some time, and were willing to take a serious pay hit to something less than guarantee. Under those conditions, it might be possible. So, at least make believable statements.

Secondly, after studying the results in that Sep award, fairly junior people who understood how to bid, were able to achieve max days off, with what have been paid at guarantee. They could never have achieved that under Line Bidding. If you want to know how it was done, then put in some effort like they did to learn the software and the strategy. I am quite sure they probably spent time with someone in the crew lounge as well as practiced submitting bids. It's not too deep a mystery to figure it out.

After seeing the good vacation awards that had the maximum time off, and giving some thought to it, anyone that holds a line should be able to accomplish the same award. Really, it's quite simple. However, your IQ has to be higher than an Idiot Savant (25), and you have to get off your lazy, complaining duff and learn the system and how to make it do what you want, so as to make your schedule look like you need it to look.

They figured it out, and after a little time and effort, anyone that wants the same results can do the same. Are you practicing the big Catfish method? The big catfish sits in one place below a damn with his big mouth opened waiting for the damn to open to capture his meal. You are parked on FI, complaing about it, in the hopes that someone will spoon feed you, so you don't have to make the effort. I will not spoon feed your complaining, lazy, know-nothing, carcass.

Keep sitting Catfish! Your strategy is not much different than the panhandler sitting on the curb, pretending to look for work.

Maximizing vacation works with this PBS. If the desired results are not there, it's not the software, it's the Catfish doing the bid!

world-record-catfish.jpg

Last edited:
first, i will raise the bs flag on your insinuation, that under current line bidding system that most people can get 18-20 days off in a 7 day vacation month. That is only possible if you bid well, dropped some time, and were willing to take a serious pay hit to something less than guarantee. Under those conditions, it might be possible. So, at least make believable statements.

Secondly, after studying the results in that sep award, fairly junior people who understood how to bid, were able to achieve max days off, with what have been paid at guarantee. They could never have achieved that under line bidding. If you want to know how it was done, then put in some effort like they did to learn the software and the strategy. I am quite sure they probably spent time with someone in the crew lounge as well as practiced submitting bids. It's not too deep a mystery to figure it out.

After seeing the good vacation awards that had the maximum time off, and giving some thought to it, anyone that holds a line should be able to accomplish the same award. Really, it's quite simple. However, your iq has to be higher than an idiot savant (25), and you have to get off your lazy, complaining duff and learn the system and how to make it do what you want, so as to make your schedule look like you need it to look.

They figured it out, and after a little time and effort, anyone that wants the same results can do the same. Are you practicing the big catfish method? The big catfish sits in one place below a damn with his big mouth opened waiting for the damn to open to capture his meal. You are parked on fi, complaing about it, in the hopes that someone will spoon feed you, so you don't have to make the effort. I will not spoon feed your complaining, lazy, know-nothing, carcass.

Keep sitting catfish! Your strategy is not much different than the panhandler sitting on the curb, pretending to look for work.

Maximizing vacation works with this pbs. If the desired results are not there, it's not the software, it's the catfish doing the bid!

world-record-catfish.jpg

hot dayum!!!

Speedtape wins!!!!

Fatality!!!!!!!!!!

no pbs from xjt period

I dont care what any asa noodling hillbilly says, unless you can give me stellar pay or something else worth me and my coworkers giving up our tried and true system over your, "practice", play bid, pbs will die. I could care less about how happy the company would be, PAY ME!

Another post from a unrealistic, irrational me- me- me disgruntled XJT pilot. This is gonna be a fun merger.

Another post from a unrealistic, irrational me- me- me disgruntled XJT pilot. This is gonna be a fun merger.

Another post from a, "the company looks out for me" un informed asa jerk.
asa has never been out on their own. they have always been under a corporate umbrella of some other company. So if that's the reality and it is, then PAY ME and keep your kumbaya crap.

asa has never been out on their own. they have always been under a corporate umbrella of some other company. So if that's the reality and it is, then PAY ME and keep your kumbaya crap.

I have no dog in this fight, but it seems to me that your attitude is a big reason why most analysts agree that Expressjet would be out of business in a year if ASA hadn't bought them, so maybe you should check your ego and start listening to the ASA pilots. They must know something about balancing a good contract with still keeping the company profitable and IN BUSINESS. But if max pay to the last day is your goal, then so be it.

It's so funny how you guys "want, want, want", all this chest pounding we won't take this or we won't accept that. Question. What would you be demanding or getting if SKYWEST (just so nobody gets PO'd if I say ASA) hadn't acquired you? My guess is nothing. You would possibly be pressured for more concessions. Now, since sombody steps in to acquire you you get all greedy and demanding.

And BTW, I never said the "company looks out for me", but we are a bit less "oh no, everyone is out to get me" than you guys are. We also understand that the Regional biz, especially the DCI side, is insanely competitive. We believe we have a balance between a fair contract and keeping costs where we do not suffer a Comair-like fate. But I suppose that makes us all management shills, huh? I want to be paid like a UPS Captain, just like you. I just get that it is not possible or sustainable as long as we compete with Mesa, Pinnacle and Go-Jets. So, let your next round of insults fly, and be sure to tell us what you "demand", too!

Latest resources

Back