• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Vacation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's so funny how you guys "want, want, want", all this chest pounding we won't take this or we won't accept that. Question. What would you be demanding or getting if SKYWEST (just so nobody gets PO'd if I say ASA) hadn't acquired you? My guess is nothing. You would possibly be pressured for more concessions. Now, since sombody steps in to acquire you you get all greedy and demanding.

And BTW, I never said the "company looks out for me", but we are a bit less "oh no, everyone is out to get me" than you guys are. We also understand that the Regional biz, especially the DCI side, is insanely competitive. We believe we have a balance between a fair contract and keeping costs where we do not suffer a Comair-like fate. But I suppose that makes us all management shills, huh? I want to be paid like a UPS Captain, just like you. I just get that it is not possible or sustainable as long as we compete with Mesa, Pinnacle and Go-Jets. So, let your next round of insults fly, and be sure to tell us what you "demand", too!

Now you put labels on the entire 2400 pilot group because a few guys wrote something on an anonymous internet message board that you didn't like? The most vocals guys online are usually the biggest d-bags.

You are right. Not trying to lable 2400 pilots for statements by a few. Every pilot I have met in person were good guys. The PBS thing just gets so old. It's not as great as you have. It's not all that bad, in fact can do some cool things line bidding can't do ---- AND YOU CAN STILL MAXIMIZE YOUR VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you put labels on the entire 2400 pilot group because a few guys wrote something on an anonymous internet message board that you didn't like? The most vocals guys online are usually the biggest d-bags.

Just like you huh?

Since asa is and has always been under inc.'s control, they are flush with inc.s
's cash and therefore able to pay a decent wage. I'm not asking for fedex wide body pay, just not willing to take a asa induced pay cut and pbs, Get it loser.
BTW jerk off my tool is much bigger than yours and my daddy can beat your daddy. Just be careful about your, "I'll take what ever you feel i deserve" attitude, because that's just what you'll get.

It's so funny how you guys "want, want, want", all this chest pounding we won't take this or we won't accept that. Question. What would you be demanding or getting if SKYWEST (just so nobody gets PO'd if I say ASA) hadn't acquired you? My guess is nothing. You would possibly be pressured for more concessions. Now, since sombody steps in to acquire you you get all greedy and demanding.

And BTW, I never said the "company looks out for me", but we are a bit less "oh no, everyone is out to get me" than you guys are. We also understand that the Regional biz, especially the DCI side, is insanely competitive. We believe we have a balance between a fair contract and keeping costs where we do not suffer a Comair-like fate. But I suppose that makes us all management shills, huh? I want to be paid like a UPS Captain, just like you. I just get that it is not possible or sustainable as long as we compete with Mesa, Pinnacle and Go-Jets. So, let your next round of insults fly, and be sure to tell us what you "demand", too!

how many posts? you, mrs. dbag are the reason this industry has run afoul for it's labor.

As stated by our past mec, If the group cannot stand and fight for less than one month, we have no chance. Just keep making your bass boat payments jerk off, or sell the bass boat and just go noodling for yer katfish bubba it's a lot cheaper

Just like you huh?

Since asa is and has always been under inc.'s control, they are flush with inc.s
's cash and therefore able to pay a decent wage. I'm not asking for fedex wide body pay, just not willing to take a asa induced pay cut and pbs, Get it loser.
BTW jerk off my tool is much bigger than yours and my daddy can beat your daddy. Just be careful about your, "I'll take what ever you feel i deserve" attitude, because that's just what you'll get.

The bears can smell your menstruation.

Last edited:
You are right. Not trying to lable 2400 pilots for statements by a few. Every pilot I have met in person were good guys. The PBS thing just gets so old. It's not as great as you have. It's not all that bad, in fact can do some cool things line bidding can't do ---- AND YOU CAN STILL MAXIMIZE YOUR VACATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is really simple to me, instead of whining online about PBS I will accept that I am not on the JNC and just give my input via the survey (completed) and emails/phone calls to the negotiators. If the TA is not to my liking I will vote no and then if it passes I will decide whether or not I still want to work under the new rules, it is still free country for now. I bet none of the internet whiners quit if PBS is voted in which makes them that much more ridiculous. Either way most of us are looking forward to this new company and increased QOL for everyone.

Just like you huh?

ASA was purchased by Delta in 1999. It was sold by Delta in 2005 to SkyWest, Inc. ASA has been a wholly owned subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. since 2005.

I dont care what any asa noodling hillbilly says, unless you can give me stellar pay or something else worth me and my coworkers giving up our tried and true system over your, "practice", play bid, pbs will die. I could care less about how happy the company would be, PAY ME!

86% of our guys voted in favor of this crapball system. You have no idea the level of uninformed, disengaged silliness you are getting drug into. I can't decide whether our pilot group has lost it critical reasoning ability, or has just forgotten that it once had a collective set of gonads. Whatever, the effect is the same-we are a collective parade of pansies.

Just read the PBS stuff VERY carefully. It has very misleading, and purposefully weak language. Don't base your opinion on what ANY of our guys may tell you. Only trust what you can see in black and white. Hopefully, XJET has a sufficient number of guys with some sense to help us find our balls again. Maybe we could even get rid of this horrid agreement before it drills us all in the pooper.

Last edited:
Just like you huh?

With all due respect, Mr. Badog, I just spent all week-end reading your contract. It's not bad. However, from an overall perspective, I still think the ASA contract is better. However, it's a moot point to argue who has the best. In the future, we will have something that should look better than either today. But, we need to make sure that we don't overreach as there is a point where we can't compete. Our standard, unfortunately, will be Skywest. If we cannot maintain reasonable costs, if Inc. wins flying, it will go to Skywest. Furthermore, if progress is too slow in negotiations, flying will be transferred to Skywest. Unfortunately, there is already history to prove it. We can thump our chest, we can use all the leverage we can muster, but, there is another venue that Inc. will place the flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back