ASA PBS Vacation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maxcackel

Anyone look at the pbs bid award that came out and check out what people up and down the list got for vacation? I looked at it briefly and it looked like either everyone bid for max pay or most people are going to hate the amount of days off in a row their going to get.

That whole "virtual credit" nonsense is a load of crap. I ALWAYS went for max time off. We are screwed!!

Lovely.... And yall think PBS is A-OK?

Last edited:
What, you thought management wants you to have more paid days off??? PBS sucks!!!

Anyone look at the pbs bid award that came out and check out what people up and down the list got for vacation? I looked at it briefly and it looked like either everyone bid for max pay or most people are going to hate the amount of days off in a row their going to get.

There is a third possibility: a lot of people didn't bid effectively. This was the first practice run and everyone is still learning how to use the system. Take a look at the ATL-CRJ-FO schedule 253. He turned one week of vacation into 20 days off in a row. There is no reason why anyone senior to him couldn't have had similar results if they so desired. Some may have bid for max pay, some may have bid poorly, and some may not have submitted a bid at all. I wouldn't put too much stock in the PBS results until we're doing it for real.

There is a third possibility: a lot of people didn't bid effectively. This was the first practice run and everyone is still learning how to use the system. Take a look at the ATL-CRJ-FO schedule 253. He turned one week of vacation into 20 days off in a row. There is no reason why anyone senior to him couldn't have had similar results if they so desired. Some may have bid for max pay, some may have bid poorly, and some may not have submitted a bid at all. I wouldn't put too much stock in the PBS results until we're doing it for real.

Thank you for that explanation, Scott Hall.

From what I was told was that at the time the system wasn't taking into account ANY planned absences. I.E. vacation or any training. So no one would have bid expecting vacation. One of the many things that wasn't done when they first tried to roll this out.

I dont see the award on FLICA, is this for the one that closed yesterday?

FLICA says not published.

Latest resources

Back