• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Vacation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1st five days of month were vac, then next 6 days off, then start a 4 day, then loft, then 5 off, then 4 day, then 5 off to finish month.

Last edited:
Well thnx for playing.

I voted yes for a number of reasons, but after this bid my schedule is almost the exact same kind of schedule I'd get with line bidding... to the people complaining, learn the system. For the rest of us "youngins" we'll take advantage of great schedules while the old fogies catch up and figure the system out.

Change is coming, either embrace it or fear it but it's to your benefit to embrace it, find the loopholes, find the advantages and work with it. A little late to have remorse, regret, or want to do anything about it. Why complain at this point? If this isn't working out, find another job! DAL, JB, Virgin and others are hiring and I'd like your seat and seniority number.

Yes and Walmart is hiring too. Why don't you get yourself a nice seniority nr. over there junior, "cleanup needed in the tissue department aisle 69". There is your change, Sir. Now buzz off!

Yes and Walmart is hiring too. Why don't you get yourself a nice seniority nr. over there junior, "cleanup needed in the tissue department aisle 69". There is your change, Sir. Now buzz off!

Weak. You, Maxcackel and others PBS haters just got a fistful of cold hard facts and don't have a word revelence to say. Looks like your days of spreading lies in order to invoke fear and reluctance to change. Hopefully one day you will swallow your pride, embrace change, and learn how to bid. Until then, enjoy ready reserve!

Ouch, facts are what I was looking for. I'm not the one you have to worry about, it's the XJ peeps that will knock this thing in the dirt or will get what we should have from the company in the first place for it. Either one works for me.

2 weeks of vacation and I did ONE 3 day trip 6 days after vacation officially ended. Literally the only flight assignment in that month was one three day trip. I had a RPC before said vacation and credited over 86 hours for the month. It's way better than I actually did that month. I sat down with a trainer for an hour to learn the ins and outs, so I reserve my right complain.

Umm... I'm not the one complaining! Don't get me wrong, I hate the company for a lot of other reasons, but not complaining about PBS. Voiced my opinion on the ALPA survery (lord knows if that'll do any good but that's another thread) and just praying for a better pay and a better reserve system (in case the chance to upgrade within my lifetime ever presents itself)

What PBS system does ASA use? AOS? Is it the same as Skywest?

No, it's the Flightline software, Flica. However, ASA has spent large amounts of money, in the sum of hundreds of thousands (so I've heard) customizing it to the LOA's specifications. The software base program is also used by Virgin America and I think GoJet?

The software might be used by those 2, but our language is very different, so I'm not going to listen to any blowjet hack or virgin.

If this thing turns out to be good for line holders, and reserves hardly work I'm thinking the tune we hear from XJT peeps, will change overnight.

Ive said it before, the company needs this (PBS), and they need the two companies to be merged sooner rather than later. They will stop at nothing to make that happen.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back