• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell it will not be for the hope of under bidding the other airlines. It is not our job as employees to give the company money so they can get us more flying.

News flash...the other airlines are under bidding us.

ASA folks, this is someone who's company would directly benefit from ASA turning down PBS. Of course he's going to say don't do it.

Exactly. PBS schedules very efficiently so you get paid what you earned or actually worked. Max wants the free money which is a horrible way for a company to be cost effective and win more flying.

It gives pilots a very bad rep when a program that makes a company more efficient is turned down by pilots because they will lose their free money pay.

Why not just take a 20% paycut, and institute PBS to make absolutely sure you are more competitive to "win" more flying.

Wow, seems like you are really against what you call "free money pay." The way I see it I am NOT paid for more time as compared to the "free money pay."

Maybe you could give a piece of your pay back...you know like a grass-roots effort to help your chances to "win" more flying.

I will look at the offer with a 100 percent open mind, but like I said at the top of this thread I can't imagine what the company could offer to make it worth me giving up. I can tell it will not be for the hope of under bidding the other airlines. It is not our job as employees to give the company money so they can get us more flying.

How can you say that? You've already made your mind up regardless of how you claim to think. It is evident in your posts. In regards to what our jobs entail, since you belong to a union, you do have an obligation to use the leverage we have with discretion. Using your logic, we should get all we possibly can because we have them by the short hairs because we can strike. Right? So we put them into a tiny box that was small to begin with due to sheer amount of regulation already imposed by the FAA and make it even smaller? Hate to break it to you, but you and I DO bear some responsibility in how our company is run and how much it can make.

Why not just take a 20% paycut, and institute PBS to make absolutely sure you are more competitive to "win" more flying.

Wow, seems like you are really against what you call "free money pay." The way I see it I am NOT paid for more time as compared to the "free money pay."

Maybe you could give a piece of your pay back...you know like a grass-roots effort to help your chances to "win" more flying.
Now were talking, I'll add drop 70 seat pay to all 50 seat pay and give up riggs and min day. Then we might start to be competitive.

No thanks, you can keep the concession I will keep my few extra days off here and there and my ability to know my overnights, pick up extra flying from all the dropped trips when they pull all the lines down to 75hrs or less. Whats to keep them from all 75hr lines with pbs. But wait you say if we sign here we will all get 85-95hr lines with major expansion because we will be able to underbid all the competition. I don't think that will happen. Pbs without an expansion would really suck, your willing to risk that?

I would absolutely be willing to risk that. However, IMO PBS implemented correctly would not suck at all. It might be BETTER than it is now. I am not saying whether or not to vote yes or no on the upcoming LOA. All I'm saying is eventually we'll have to bring PBS to ASA. No doubt about it.

I would absolutely be willing to risk that. However, IMO PBS implemented correctly would not suck at all. It might be BETTER than it is now. I am not saying whether or not to vote yes or no on the upcoming LOA. All I'm saying is eventually we'll have to bring PBS to ASA. No doubt about it.

You wonder why I am so vocal about this before we see the ta? Someone had to counter all of the statements like this. And it's fun to debate the other side of the coin. It also brings up issues that people have not thought of, including myself.

Latest resources

Back