• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well f*#k me in the mustache and call me Sally.

Damn-

That was funny!

"Amazing job trying to meet our performance goals-(especially that psycho FA on the OurASA who is always yelling "GoTeam" and "YaaayyyyyTeamwork")

-P.S.- "She can f*ck my moustache any day of the week!" -Brad

Not sure if anyone has hit on the subject, but why can't we get time and a half pay for at least the big holidays in return pbs. I know that would go a long way in getting the junior crowd on board.

Compass and Skywest use the AOS system. CAL and DAL have separate systems.

It's not really a pay cut if negotiated the right way. If block hours are divided by a factor (that's negotiated), will determine the number of lines. That is the only way so you don't get screwed.

Bonus:

If some guy wants to fly 90 and another wants to fly 72, the system will allow it since it looks at the big picture.

Quality usually goes the the 50 percentile. After that you will get some of your requests but not all. Maybe 2-3 weekends instead of 4.

Holidays and weekends if you are in the top 50%

Average of one more day off per crewmember.

Choose your reserve days.

Less reserve needed.

Drawbacks:

Vacation and transition conflicts are gone.

5% reduction of total crews needed.

Compass and Skywest use the AOS system. CAL and DAL have separate systems.

It's not really a pay cut if negotiated the right way. If block hours are divided by a factor (that's negotiated), will determine the number of lines. That is the only way so you don't get screwed.

Bonus:

If some guy wants to fly 90 and another wants to fly 72, the system will allow it since it looks at the big picture.

Quality usually goes the the 50 percentile. After that you will get some of your requests but not all. Maybe 2-3 weekends instead of 4.

Holidays and weekends if you are in the top 50%

Average of one more day off per crewmember.

Choose your reserve days.

Less reserve needed.

Drawbacks:

Vacation and transition conflicts are gone.

5% reduction of total crews needed.

5% reduction of total crews needed is not a drawback. That makes our company more competitive, which in turn gets more flying, and we all get to keep our jobs, and get improvements in our QOL because we are growing. We end up needing to hire if we are growing.

So the choice becomes, hypothetically, needing 100 pilots with no PBS, or needing 95 pilots with PBS until we get growth, then needing 110 when we get more airplanes.

Why is this so hard to understand for some of you? Saving the company money makes your job more secure, and QOL better in the long run!

5% reduction of total crews needed is not a drawback. That makes our company more competitive, which in turn gets more flying, and we all get to keep our jobs, and get improvements in our QOL because we are growing. We end up needing to hire if we are growing.

So the choice becomes, hypothetically, needing 100 pilots with no PBS, or needing 95 pilots with PBS until we get growth, then needing 110 when we get more airplanes.

Why is this so hard to understand for some of you? Saving the company money makes your job more secure, and QOL better in the long run!

Plus getting additional flying reduces our average block-hour cost even more. However, everyone should realize that voting in PBS in no way guarantees additional flying.

True, but NOT getting PBS pretty much guarantees not getting more flying.
Says who, you. Sorry but how do you know we won't get flying with out pbs. How do you know pbs is enough savings to get more flying. How do you know it won't take pbs, dual qual, and a pay cut to get it done. Neither of us do unless you are Jerry or Brad, and in that case please show me some facts not guesses.

Says who, you. Sorry but how do you know we won't get flying with out pbs. How do you know pbs is enough savings to get more flying. How do you know it won't take pbs, dual qual, and a pay cut to get it done. Neither of us do unless you are Jerry or Brad, and in that case please show me some facts not guesses.

Jerry and Brad don't know either....We bid on flying...Only those who decide who wins the bid know.

ALPA failed and allowed this "game" to be played for flying...We can either play the game, or not. If we don't, forget winning any new flying, we will lose what we have....It would be nice if ALPA had stopped this "bidding" within a brand, but they didn't.

I don't want PBS...It will have a negative affect on my QOL regarding vacation. I stretched 2 of my vacations this year into 5 weeks each. There will be no more of that with PBS. However I am voting yes regardless of what the agreement says. QOL will suffer much more if we don't stay competitive.

It is a guess, but an educated one. One supported by our history of not getting new growth, and by the fact that we are one of the more costly regionals. We are the only DCI carrier without PBS. It may not make us that much more competitive in reality, but in Delta's eyes, it makes us a lot less competitive to not have it. We must appear to be doing all that we can to appear competitive to Delta.

It may take more to get new flying, but without PBS, there is no chance. I say that because we sure as heck haven't gotten any recently, and we can be undercut by everyone else out there. Sure, we got 900s, but there has been a net loss in flying over the past 2 years.

Keep on. Keep on resisting progress. PBS is the way of the future. I just hope you old farts don't screw all of us who want to turn this airline around.

Jerry and Brad don't know either....We bid on flying...Only those who decide who wins the bid know.

ALPA failed and allowed this "game" to be played for flying...We can either play the game, or not. If we don't, forget winning any new flying, we will lose what we have....It would be nice if ALPA had stopped this "bidding" within a brand, but they didn't.

I don't want PBS...It will have a negative affect on my QOL regarding vacation. I stretched 2 of my vacations this year into 5 weeks each. There will be no more of that with PBS. However I am voting yes regardless of what the agreement says. QOL will suffer much more if we don't stay competitive.

Joe, I'm not convinced that it will negatively impact your vacation. Well, you likely won't be able to turn 1 week into 3, but you may be able to get 1.5 weeks off for 1 week pretty easily. Maybe more, if you are good at using the system. One benefit will be that you'll be able to get a week off each month, if you so choose, and are senior enough.

I know for me, I never make my one week into two because I don't like taking the pay hit. PBS will give us more flexibility month to month, and a more advanced way of getting schedules in general. We don't bid on paper for the same reason we need PBS. It is ancient technology to bid lines. We need to advance a little, at least to the late 20th century here...

Latest resources

Back