• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a peep out of the company on any of this. Why is that? Seems to be a pretty big deal to move bidding 3 days back. I am beginning to think these guys are having touble swallowing their big horse pill, ie merging companies and weather. This place is being run thin. I am through going out of my way to help. Hire some people!!!

Not a peep out of the company on any of this. Why is that? Seems to be a pretty big deal to move bidding 3 days back. I am beginning to think these guys are having touble swallowing their big horse pill, ie merging companies and weather. This place is being run thin. I am through going out of my way to help. Hire some people!!!

I been there for months man.

And not only hire some pilots and FAs. Hire some damn schedulers, crew planners, crew pay auditors, and some weekend damn janitors!!!!

You are right, but the issue can go to artibration if it holds up a JCBA. Since it is already in place at ASA it MAY be hard to get the Geenie back in the bottle. We can fix whats broke and improve the current agreement. I would like to see any time picked up during vacation be added to your min rather than the way ASA has it now, which nullifies that option. Also, we can and need to gain more control over pairing construction to ensure more productive trips. I don't think the XJT pilots can just vote it down like they are threatening. It would go to an arbitrator. It did last time when ASA was in sec 6 negotiations and management wanted to open back up the scheduling section to include PBS then. The arbitrator sided with ALPA and said it was already TA'd and could not be included. The opposite may happen in this case.

Ok fair enough. Just to be clear though, each MEC agrees, then we vote if they agree. If they dont we go to arbitration. If we all vote and reject, then the company might play ball.

They need this work.

King Tutt, finally addressed the pairing goof.

King Tutt, finally addressed the pairing goof.

[FONT=’Arial’]We are disappointed with our initial bid results, and I assure you that we will make the necessary adjustments to produce mutually satisfactory lines for February and beyond. The results of our mock bids did not indicate that we would have the pairing issues that we’re currently encountering, but as we move forward with the PrefBid product, we will regularly evaluate the software and proactively make adjustments.[/FONT]

[FONT=’Arial’]We are working closely with ALPA to revise the Atlanta CRJ200 pairings for February and will communicate a revised bidding timeline once it has been finalized. Please see the story on the Flight Ops home page for more details.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience this will cause and thank you for your patience as we work to improve your February schedules.[/FONT]

Hope you guys are emailing our(the companies) reps, it's the only way it's gonna be considered in the JCBA. I'm cool with the PBS concept but the pairings have to have a min credit of some sort; 3day-16, 4day-18, wheter it's virtual or not I could care less, but to work five days because the pairings suck is not cool.

Guys, I hate to be the resident d*bag here, but see I (and many others) told you so. We could have receive MUCH more than we got with the PBS agreement. Never accept the first anything, contract or otherwise. Now we're stuck with it and with any luck from out xjet family, we'll find a way to work through this.

And if you guys are still on standard/conventional training cycles, they also have to get ganked offline to do the additional PC.

That is, if you guys train over a trip or on days off, or it's the pilot's option.

Uhhhh....no, F/O's are on the same traning schedule as the captains. PC every 6 months and loft every 12 months regardless of seat.

You are right, but the issue can go to artibration if it holds up a JCBA. Since it is already in place at ASA it MAY be hard to get the Geenie back in the bottle. We can fix whats broke and improve the current agreement. I would like to see any time picked up during vacation be added to your min rather than the way ASA has it now, which nullifies that option. Also, we can and need to gain more control over pairing construction to ensure more productive trips. I don't think the XJT pilots can just vote it down like they are threatening. It would go to an arbitrator. It did last time when ASA was in sec 6 negotiations and management wanted to open back up the scheduling section to include PBS then. The arbitrator sided with ALPA and said it was already TA'd and could not be included. The opposite may happen in this case.

Ok I must have missed it so can point me where it says we go to arbitration if we dont agree? Also, I didn't know you guys went to arbitration on your last negotiations. Are you sure your not getting it mixed up with mediation? That is a big difference.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back