• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Union says company screwed us and they are now changing the pairings. This is off alpa board. Anyone have any information. The three days did suck. I sure hope expressjet is watching this.

Hats off to our union Reps for calling out the company on this. The ALAP message states this is for the CRJ200 only. These were some very low valued crappy pairings that were very inconsistent with past pairings. The pairings will be redone so make sure you basically erase or compare what you've done so far with the new pairings/bid coming out. It'll take a few days for the company to redo the pairings and more info will be out in a few days.

Again thanks to our ASA ALPA Reps for doing this. Greatly appreciated.

Hoser
ROLL TIDE!
GB Packers!

The pilots at ASA are to blame. I begged every Captain and FO I came into contact with to VOTE NO!!!!! It didn't just barely pass either. Now we are all hosed and the people who voted YES are complaining the loudest...

You mean the company managed to screw this up too! I can't believe it!!! (huge sarcasm). They mess up line bidding regularly and we've been doing that for many, many years. This will get much worse before it gets better....

the pilots at asa are to blame. I begged every captain and fo i came into contact with to vote no!!!!! It didn't just barely pass either. Now we are all hosed and the people who voted yes are complaining the loudest...

ditto!

It will only build the credit up to your preference. So if I set 60 hrs, the most it can build to is 75, but it will stop as soon as it meets the 60hrs.

That is not entirely true. You can target 60, but you won't get a schedule with anything less than the bottom of the credit window. The company TLV for February (CRJ ATL) is 85 and the credit window minimum is 75 (max 105). I don't foresee the credit window being low enough to get a complete schedule at 60 hours very often.

would someone please give me a rational ADULT LEVEL argument as to why we are not in a good position right now?

The company has spent $$$$ on this PBS, and they need it.

We as employees want our company to thrive and succeed.

We have a chance now that we did not have before the XJT buyout to negotiate a new contract in a semi expedited fashion, where we hold the cards on PBS.

We can now find out what does not work in the current PBS agreement and get that fixed in stone due simply to the fact that XJT pilots will not vote for PBS if they know its a turd.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

You are right, but the issue can go to artibration if it holds up a JCBA. Since it is already in place at ASA it MAY be hard to get the Geenie back in the bottle. We can fix whats broke and improve the current agreement. I would like to see any time picked up during vacation be added to your min rather than the way ASA has it now, which nullifies that option. Also, we can and need to gain more control over pairing construction to ensure more productive trips. I don't think the XJT pilots can just vote it down like they are threatening. It would go to an arbitrator. It did last time when ASA was in sec 6 negotiations and management wanted to open back up the scheduling section to include PBS then. The arbitrator sided with ALPA and said it was already TA'd and could not be included. The opposite may happen in this case.

Looks like only the 200 pairing suck. There are absolutely no more long flights on the ATL 200. The 200 is truly the new ATR. Do 5 leg days even exist anymore on the 700/900? I predict a senior exodus to the 700/900 on the next vacancy bid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back