• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations Suspended Indefinitely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:angryfireWell I know that this is not a very professional way to react, but if they (The Company) expect me to help them in any way, they just LOST ANY CHANCE of that from me!!! I am so sick of this CRAP, they expect me to be professional and yet they treat us like this! Not RIGHT!!!!

JoeMerchant said:
So what do you propose ATRDriver? Maybe we should ask for $60 per hour for FOs. After all they may be FOs for a long time. What drives payrates ATRDriver? Is it what you want, what is "fair", or what the industry standard is? If it is the industry standard, maybe you should start asking ALPA how the industry standard degraded to this point.

ASA is currently the most profitable regional in the industry. That is something that you can't deny. Currently a 13.8 margin if I remember correctly. So PLEASE tell me why each and every one of our FO's should go the next 5 years, which is the duration the company is asking for, plus maybe another 3 or 4 for negotiations, without a raise of any kind. And why should the 50 seaters and ATR captains get only a 1.6% increase for those 8 years? The 50 seat pay is below industry standard. Maybe something will have to happen on the 70 rates, maybe not, but I don't see why I should not get a pay increase just so the company can make MORE money.

JoeMerchant said:
Sinca3, I have dealt personally with the NMB, have you? Recessed, suspended, and "parked" are all the same. We were "recessed", "suspended", and "parked" in 1998. I was there! We put an ALPA spin on it just as I suspect you will, but in the end we are still "parked". When are some of you going to start admitting that ALPA has FAILED. Put down the Herndon KoolAid.

And, according to our mediator, there is indeed a difference beetween "parked" and "recessed". If we are parked there is a fairly complicated process for negotiations to start again. Being recessed the mediator can make the decision himself to allow negotiations again if HE thinks there is hope for movement. Yes, that may be a minor distinction, but they are not the same thing. And that didn't come from ALPA, that came from the mediator, so I guess it's NMB kool aid.

Cant you guys (especially) the alpa blowhards (pi) not make personal attacks bacause someone sees it differently.

Atrdriver - management is not stalling anymore - and hasnt for the last 6 months. No excuse for the previous 2.5 but they need a contract now, for growth and business. they need it yesterday actually. and profits dont mean pay raises or else southwest guys would make 300 an hour. if we want future business we need to have competitive rates. profit sharing is where we would catch some of the earnings. ja says our rates arent good - and he owns just about every plane we fly (all of the big streched jet ones anyway).

alpa is asking for a full retirement - i dont want one! i havnt yet met one pilot here who does, ask any delta, united, northwest, usair pilot what they think of theirs.

stop attacking everyone and have a freakin discussion. oh, by the way, if you think that merchant, 79, me and a few others are the only pissed folks - have a great day. alpa may have just cost a lot of jobs and alot of money, how about this - i can get over 2 percent of my pay back by dropping union shop!

Here is my only question. SKYW pilots make more than us. So why not just go for the SKYW contract?

Note: Please answer this without the usual ALPA response, "Crash, you managment sucking, Kool Aid drinking, a$$hole... DIE and burn in h%ll"... That type of response is less than informative.

Wimps

I left ASA over a year ago. I knew we would never get a good contract.. You know why!!! I have never (as a whole) seen a bigger bunch of wimps in my life. Management knows you guys will cave. I have never worked at a place with more company boys who were so afraid of getting in trouble. I would even witness captains paying off fuelers so they could be on time. Nothing will change until you get a set.

Look at the above posts. What do you care what other airlines make? Why would you even speak the words industry standard? Get the best you can. ASA pilots have no respect in their company. Crew scheduling even calls you by your first name when they call you. I know this is petty, but it has to start somewhere. GROW A SET!!

JoeMerchant said:
Sinca3, can you honestly say that ALPA's 70 seat rate and Instructor sections positions are "middle of the road". If so please show me where those two postions are "middle of the road".
I know it's hard but PUT DOWN THE BEER!!! Reread what I wrote. I said the 2 sides need to meet in the middle. Therefore to do that both sides ask for more than they think they can get and widdle down to the "middle".
For someone with so much exprience I thought you would have known how negotiations work.............
I guess not

Question is why do you guys want growth so bad? Like really, where are you going to go? There are only a small handful of airlines worth a crap that are hiring, do you think that you will be one of the lucky ones to get on there? Remember that you will be competing against all the military guys that have ex squadron buds already there that are trying to get them on there too. You are better off trying to get more pay and bigger jets at your regional since that is where almost all of you will retire from.

Well screw it! Strike now and take the whole boat down. Sorry about the SKYWEST guys and girls but they have should stood behind the ASA employees and if not shut them down too. I am tired of these c@!ksucking Skywest pilots period.

Latest resources

Back