• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA more negotiation dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Surprise? There's no surprise and the MEC knows it.
KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND YOU'LL KEEP GETTIN WHAT YOU'RE GETTIN

That said, there's another element here that no one has considered....or at least mentioned on this thread. Whatever happened last time under the gag order, both parties acknowledged that considerable progress was made by both sides. We just don't know what it was. Perhaps our CNC "has" begun looking at an approach more in line with saving ASA. We can definitely bet the company is willing to move a little more in light of their admitted hiring problems.

I still lay this out there as I have in the past. We still need to be careful not to price ourselves out of business. Perhaps the best way to insure that at this point is to get it done "outside" of a release. The problem for ALPA national on this is that whatever Jerry pays ASA is going to be given to SKW to keep ALPA off the property.

Doin Time,

What do you think you are striving for? It won't be long until you are in the top three percent. Do you even realize how easy it is to be in the top 1%? Make a little bit more and you'll realize that the redistribution of wealth is a Democrats tool to keep the stupid, indigent, and lazy voting for them.

Bill Richardson said scrap the whole no child left behind bill because it takes money from $hitty schools and gives it to the good schools. If the kids fail, we need to give the teachers more training. Bull$hit, fire their a$$. Oh No! Accountability's a bitch. That's democrats for you. If you think dems are more interested in your prosperity than republicans than you are as stupid as they count on you to be. At least Bush is honest about not giving a damn about you, and why should he or anyone in government for that matter. Our nation's airline pilot plight should not be on the administration's plate, lowering my taxes should be. The fact is, they are all full of lies and are unable to do what they promise. You might as well go with those that will not raise your taxes.

What do you think you are striving for? It won't be long until you are in the top three percent. Do you even realize how easy it is to be in the top 1%?

To break into the top 5%, you have to make over $155,000 a year. To break into the top 3.3%, you need to make over $200,000. To break into the top 1%, you have to break the $330,000 mark. Suffice it to say that there aren't too many pilots making it into that top 3%.

If the kids fail, we need to give the teachers more training. Bull$hit, fire their a$$.

Fair enough. In that case, I guess SWA should fire you if your personal on-time departure percentage drops below 95%. Sound good? I didn't think so. Maybe you should stop pointing your finger at the teachers when much of the problem is out of their control.

should not be on the administration's plate, lowering my taxes should be.

I agree that lowering our taxes should be a priority, but should it be a priority to lower Warren Buffet's taxes? You and I pay a much higher percentage of our actual earnings in taxes to the government than do people like Buffet and Soros. Even Buffet is out there championing the idea of raising taxes on people in his income level. Sorry, but I just don't buy the idea that raising taxes on the billionaires and multi-multi-millionaires is going to affect their spending and hurt the economy. Raising taxes on the non-millionaires certainly will, but not raising the taxes on these guys.

So...an obviously hypothetical question here:

If ASA goes in and actually negotiates a contract...and actually gets what they have been wanting...will FlightInfo.com implode with the lack of ASA bitching that holds the place together?

but I just don't buy the idea that raising taxes on the billionaires and multi-multi-millionaires is going to affect their spending and hurt the economy. Raising taxes on the non-millionaires certainly will, but not raising the taxes on these guys.

You haven't been around to see this before ehh? Go ahead raise their taxes. <sarcasm>Sit back and watch the money pour in...</sarcasm>

Doin Time,

What do you think you are striving for? It won't be long until you are in the top three percent. Do you even realize how easy it is to be in the top 1%? Make a little bit more and you'll realize that the redistribution of wealth is a Democrats tool to keep the stupid, indigent, and lazy voting for them.

I guess you equate the stupid, indignant, and lazy with the middle class. You, being someone who makes a pretty good living off the discretionary income of the middle class should be championing the distribution of wealth.

If you give $5000 to a middle class family they go out any buy 5 round trip tickets from PHL to MCO and spend a week at Disney World. You give $50,000 to someone in the top income tiers they invest it in a Chinese company that specializes in taking jobs from Americans. Whats really better for our economy?

Without a strong middle class all airlines (especially SWA) would be dead. There is a reason why the domestic US air travel market is the largest in the world. Its the middle class.

You haven't been around to see this before ehh?

It hasn't been done before. The liberals have always raised taxes on everyone in the past, not just the super-rich. The conservatives then respond years later by cutting everyone's taxes, while slightly favoring the rich. Never before has anyone cut the taxes of the middle-class and lower-upper-class while at the same time raising the taxes of the upper-upper-classes. That, combined with lower spending, would be the solution to our fiscal problems in this country. Too bad that neither party has the balls to do it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back