• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA more negotiation dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To keep things a little closer to reality here the Dems want to tax the crap out of the top 3% of money earners in the country. No ASA (or any other regional) pilot fits that description.

If the Republicans could stop their rampant spending sprees while they are in office the Dems wouldn't have to jack up the taxes just to maintain a hint of financial discipline.

Fact: If taxes go up on the wealthy, their discretionary spending goes down, along with the spending at corporations, and the economy slows. This leaves the little guys with less to spend and travel drops.

Your statement is half right Washington is spending too much money, but the solution is not higher taxes, the solution is less spending.

The person John Pennekamp has in mind is none other than WF. (It's not hard to figure out who he is when he posts the same exact thing on the ALPA boards.) He talks about how the union is on the wrong track, but the strategy that the MEC is using was set in place by him during his term over the last three years! So why exactly did he allow the MEC to proceed under the supposed wrong direction when he had the power to change it? Four months ago he was ALPA's biggest supporter, and now he wants to recall the whole lot.

WF wants to be in office simply to have power, and quite honestly that's the last person we need as a leader.

Just to clarify how you view this-

Will F. was in support of you in the public eye, but disagreed privately with how things were going, or how they would turn out. Thus, after being ousted by the pilot group because of a percieved hard line and hot head (which many thought were in line with BA and result in a strike out of spite) he is now just another member of the pilot group. He SHOULD be able to voice how he feels and his views, even if they are not in line with your's, or even the rest of the MEC's veiwpoints. His contributions to ALPA and his dues money has EARNED his right to voice his discern. I am starting to see a whole lot of commonality between your "boys club" and the situation with Joe Merchant. It is becoming more apparent that you simply squash and slander anyone that disagrees with the MEC/LEC.

With that being said...................

This negotiating debacle is going to continue on, and on, and on, and on, and on.......regardless of who does or doesn't call for what, and how many times they do it by the contract, except when it benafits them for the freedom leg, and the occasional exception...........is that clear????

It is time to start exploring other avenues, up to and including, putting the current offer up on the table with some COLA. Don't think it is what the pilot group wants, then do some REAL POLLING that isn't post dated 2001 and what the pilots wanted then.

Guy's, I think if you re=submit anything at this point it will cause extended negotiations. Tell the mediator our where your gonna be will not back off. Tell them they can extend negotiations to Kingdom come and your not going to back off. Tell them they can beg /plead or anything else they want to try, and you're not going to back off. Enough is Enough. if you want to use baseball analogies then tell em you're going to start throwing at the batter!

I have to agree with JP on this one. How can our union be schocked at this decision. They should have seen this comming! Sometimes you have to shake things up to get what you want.

I also agree, that I don't think Will wants to jump back into the frying pan. I almost wonder if we should let it drag out. They can't seem to fill the newhire classes now.

Just my 2 cents

701EV

Guy's, I think if you re=submit anything at this point it will cause extended negotiations. Tell the mediator our where your gonna be will not back off. Tell them they can extend negotiations to Kingdom come and your not going to back off. Tell them they can beg /plead or anything else they want to try, and you're not going to back off. Enough is Enough. if you want to use baseball analogies then tell em you're going to start throwing at the batter!

If we don't back off, and we tell the mediator that, he will just park us. No release, and only the status quoe. I think technically, we can be parked for an INDEFINATE period of time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back