• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA more negotiation dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I don't think that's what he meant. To keep the baseball analogy going, I think the closer we're talking about here is a 22 year old pitcher, just called up from Triple A Pawtucket, who's first pitch will be a meatball over the center of the plate that will be knocked over the Monster seats for an easy win by the visiting team.

Hey, at least it'll all be over then, right?

OK, so lets hear your strategy too. And it better be more than "fly the contract, don't call for anything".

Well, my thought was that maybe we should replace these reps who have no plan at all to get us out of this with some that do. Especially since this "decision" seems to have blindsided them. They are like the Chinese definition of insanity. They keep repeating the same mistakes hoping for a different result every time.

Since you seem to have all the answers, let's hear your strategy, oh wise one.

My strategy? Well, it wouldn't involve changing this late in the process. The only thing we can do is continue to negotiate under the guidelines of the RLA. Any change in our leadership will further undermine any gains we've made. We're victims of a lousy time in the industry and it affects our ability to negotiate a better contract. Supply was high demand was low, it's changing now in our favor. Perhaps we'll be able to catch the tail end of this reversal and profit along with the company.

My strategy? Well, it wouldn't involve changing this late in the process.

You dodged the question. You already told us what you WOULDN'T DO. Try again.

The only thing we can do is continue to negotiate under the guidelines of the RLA. Any change in our leadership will further undermine any gains we've made. We're victims of a lousy time in the industry and it affects our ability to negotiate a better contract. Supply was high demand was low, it's changing now in our favor. Perhaps we'll be able to catch the tail end of this reversal and profit along with the company.

So basically, you think we should just keep doing what we've been doing for 5 years. Because that's what you described.

By the way, ASA and Skywest have been wildly profitable for a long time, so what are we going to catch the "tail end of"?

Last edited:
The person John Pennekamp has in mind is none other than WF. (It's not hard to figure out who he is when he posts the same exact thing on the ALPA boards.) He talks about how the union is on the wrong track, but the strategy that the MEC is using was set in place by him during his term over the last three years! So why exactly did he allow the MEC to proceed under the supposed wrong direction when he had the power to change it? Four months ago he was ALPA's biggest supporter, and now he wants to recall the whole lot.

WF wants to be in office simply to have power, and quite honestly that's the last person we need as a leader.

The person John Pennekamp has in mind is none other than WF. (It's not hard to figure out who he is when he posts the same exact thing on the ALPA boards.) He talks about how the union is on the wrong track, but the strategy that the MEC is using was set in place by him during his term over the last three years! So why exactly did he allow the MEC to proceed under the supposed wrong direction when he had the power to change it? Four months ago he was ALPA's biggest supporter, and now he wants to recall the whole lot.

WF wants to be in office simply to have power, and quite honestly that's the last person we need as a leader.

No. WF has had enough, which is why he's no longer involved in any capacity and has no interest in holding any office. Another unoriginal post. You got a plan?

Regardless of what the plan was and who supported who, if the plan ain't working you need to come up with a new one. They don't seem capable of that.

Last edited:
Be ready to bend over and take it in the rear. The Republican administration will not allow an airline to strike or even slow down (ASA can't get much slower). The NMB will drag along with the company and continue putting your careers and earnings on hold.

A Democratic Administration might let you strike for a better contract but then take it back with higher taxes.

That is a fact. You will earn more, but keep less. The Dems make earning money an exercise in futility. The incentive to improve your standard of living by getting that better job or starting a company is GONE. I mean, it's still there, it's just that they'll take most of it and give it to poor fat people. The only people who will vote for them. If y'all elect Hillary, I hope you have nightmares of making love to her frumpy midsection.

A Democratic Administration might let you strike for a better contract but then take it back with higher taxes.

To keep things a little closer to reality here the Dems want to tax the crap out of the top 3% of money earners in the country. No ASA (or any other regional) pilot fits that description.

If the Republicans could stop their rampant spending sprees while they are in office the Dems wouldn't have to jack up the taxes just to maintain a hint of financial discipline.

To keep things a little closer to reality here the Dems want to tax the crap out of the top 3% of money earners in the country. No ASA (or any other regional) pilot fits that description.

If the Republicans could stop their rampant spending sprees while they are in office the Dems wouldn't have to jack up the taxes just to maintain a hint of financial discipline.

Thats Reality?

How about this: The top 5% pay more that 50% of all taxes!

While I will agree the Republicans gave lip service to less spending, but did the same as Dems have and will.

Raising taxes doesnt equal maintaining financial discipline.

The Federal Govt and the State Govt are all FAT on Tax revenue. The last thing we need is more taxes.

If you ever do reach the top 3% of EARNERS, you will more than likely change your tune. But, if your ok with your government stealing money from those who earn it and redistributing to those who dont, then I'm talking to a brick wall.

Class warfare, and income redistribution is wrong, plane and simple. The Dems play lip service to that everyday.

The answer: Less Govt = Less taxes

FairTAX.org

The sad truth is the American society is POP culture driven, and expects the Federal Govt. to solve everything.

The average person thinks we live in a Democracy!

Name one Federal agency that does anything GREAT?

Less = more

We all chose this industry and the crap that comes with it. Dems nor Rep are going to change this industry and the Labor VS Management mentality.

Face it, your either Labor or your Management, and with that comes the plus and minus.

Ive done both, and decided I like being able to leave work at work.

My income will increase from other ventures, if you wait for your Govt to increase your take home income, youll be waiting along time.

Medeco

Latest resources

Back