• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA more negotiation dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we should take SKYW lock stock and barrel... I stand to make an extra 10K a year with there contract. I know everyone thinks it is impossible for them to make more than us... but they do.

I believe SKYW would sign that one.

Note: My plan stems from knowing we won't get released during this administration.

Question for someone knowledgable in Union procedure- Is there any way to get a Judge, Senator, or other qualified public official to intervene and force the NMB to either A.Bring these negotiations to a conclusion. Or B. Release the parties?

I think we should take SKYW lock stock and barrel... I stand to make an extra 10K a year with there contract. I know everyone thinks it is impossible for them to make more than us... but they do.

I believe SKYW would sign that one.

Note: My plan stems from knowing we won't get released during this administration.

Greetings..Don't forget that Skywest has no contract. They only have an agreement which can be violated at will by mgt.

Question for someone knowledgable in Union procedure- Is there any way to get a Judge, Senator, or other qualified public official to intervene and force the NMB to either A.Bring these negotiations to a conclusion. Or B. Release the parties?

According to the union, John Prater has been doing just that since our first request for a release. Banging his drum in Washington. Still no release.

You have to wonder, as bad as Woerth was, maybe he would have had the political capitol to make it happen. The power people in Washington don't know Prater from Adam.

Greetings..Don't forget that Skywest has no contract. They only have an agreement which can be violated at will by mgt.

Which is exactly why the company doesn't want to offer it to us. They'd offer it with no union (so they can change it later at whim) but want to offer us less than Skywest locked in. This is because Skywest will be taking a huge pay and benefits cut if the union drive fails and we settle. Several friends at Skywest have already told me this is the "word on the street" in SLC.

This is because Skywest will be taking a huge pay and benefits cut if the union drive fails and we settle. Several friends at Skywest have already told me this is the "word on the street" in SLC.

This is what a lot of the anti-ALPA SkyWest pilots don't realize! If they keep voting down a union, management is going to quit taking the threat seriously. If there's no unionization threat, then there's no reason to pay them competitive wages and benefits.

EDIT: Oh crap, I'm over 1000 posts. I better stop before I turn into General Lee...

This is what a lot of the anti-ALPA SkyWest pilots don't realize! If they keep voting down a union, management is going to quit taking the threat seriously. If there's no unionization threat, then there's no reason to pay them competitive wages and benefits.

EDIT: Oh crap, I'm over 1000 posts. I better stop before I turn into General Lee...

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you.

I talked to a friend the other day who is ex-ASA. When he first started there, he was chugging the Kool-Aid. Not any more. He said word is getting around that they will "start to lose all their stuff" if the drive fails, because "Jerry's only giving us this stuff to keep the union out". He thinks the momentum is shifting to vote in the union, especially after all the SAPA antics.

It's clear that the pressure needs to come from the pilots now! We have a month to light a fire under mgmt's butt! This time EVERYONE needs to get involved! Enough excuses you cowards!!! The NMB is obviously in bed with mgmt! This is the only way!

EVERY CAPTAIN, EVERY TIME, FLY THE CONTRACT --NOTHING MORE!!!

Thats never been said before, today one of your 700 captains was helping take pink tags off so the plane could do a quick turn back to ATL.

Latest resources

Back