• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC update.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is you want one list or nothing. With one list you'd still want your outliers, like the b-fund and be anti-pbs, which are things even the majors don't have any more. So, even if it were one list, we'd still have the same problem because you guys are delusional.

have to agree with Clutchy here...

SkyWest, Inc likes the ASA guys but despises XJT. I hear they have plans to eventually do away with that side.

Well, its quite simple really. The ERJ side can't see further than the end of their noses on most everything, and someone over there is getting a backhander over the senseless Smartperf hogwash.
Those guys need to either wake up real soon, or get their financial houses in order, cause SKYW will soon be done with them for good.
They made the biggest mistake in the company's history, and the stockholders are fast losing patience.

SkyWest, Inc likes the ASA guys but despises XJT. I hear they have plans to eventually do away with that side.

They don't have to do anything to get rid of the ERJs. They will naturally come off line in the next couple years. What I don't get is why management is wasting time and money implementing smartpref on the ERJ side since they are just parking all the aircraft anyway.

Well, its quite simple really. The ERJ side can't see further than the end of their noses on most everything, and someone over there is getting a backhander over the senseless Smartperf hogwash.
Those guys need to either wake up real soon, or get their financial houses in order, cause SKYW will soon be done with them for good.
They made the biggest mistake in the company's history, and the stockholders are fast losing patience.

This PBS issue has already been resolved before. Both MECs had already agreed on the Process Agreement for Interim and Single PBS. No need to reinvent the wheel. They just have to put that same agreement in the next TA in order to move forward with a non-concessionary TA for both sides.

Anyway, those guys you are talking about is management. They are the ones who negotiated the money losing CPA and they are the ones responsible for getting the financial house in order, not 20 elected pilots on two MECs.

Last edited:
The reason mgmt is pursuing this new crappy PBS system is it benefits them.

They want OUR contract and YOUR crappy globalized PBS system.

All I know is I've lost most of my patience with these 2 MEC'S. We are arguing about the arrangement of the deck chairs on the Titanic and your MEC wants to keep arguing forever.

I'm done. Let the contracts expire and let the chips fall. I don't care anymore

Did you even read my response to him? His assumption of what I want is wrong.

Uh, yeah. Seems everyone of your posts say the same thing, over and over. Hey but you're persistent, got that going for you.

Most of it is company stall tactics and attempts to pinch pennies. If Holt wants a good company he needs to totally Change the OCC leadership, they do business and their decision making philosophies and processes.

The primary problem with our financial and operational performance lies with middle-level decision making in the OCC. Until there are substantial changes and solid results are seen, there will be no concessions from the front line.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back