Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bailout said:
1. Dec 31st.. confirmed again today

I should know this business better then to say "confirmed", but thats what i was told by two other CPs.

Will it hold?? I guess we will know on Nov 1st.......
They are hiring MX there also.

This is really quite simple. The SLC crew base will close at the end of Sept. CPs will stay at least until the end of the year to close the base, and open LAX in Dec. Mechanics have been told their base will stay open for the foreseeable future. ASA will continue to fly out of SLC (for now) at a capacity near what it currently is but as just another outstation, similar to CVG.

Edct said:
And I must say the demonization of a dead man with a family continues to sink to new lows.

Since when does being dead absolve you of what you did when you were alive?

GO AROUND said:
According to the MEC/CNC the informal meetings they had were going well and things were moving in the right direction. But, when the union expressed their interest in getting back with the NMB the mood of the company changed at the last meeting.

They tied everything to a PBS system that had not been seen and knowing the company they would have wanted to make it up as they went along with no input from the union.

The company wanted no accountability to the NMB for basically ruining section 13 with a PBS. A section that has been TA'd no less under the mediator. The Company was asked 3 or more times during those sessions in front of the mediator if they wanted a PBS and they said no. They know that would piss the mediator off to scrap all that work they did.

So the "official" line has changed again. Lets recap,

1. Offer was made, but it included PBS. We don't wan't PBS
then,
2. Offer was made, but it was pulled from the table.
then,
3. Offer was made, but company didn't want to make it in front of NMB and it included PBS - sort of back to story #1.

Does this mean ALPA isn't sticking to the "company pulled the offer from the table" line?

Last edited:
701EV said:
Not only does ALPA say its not safe so does our Training Dept. That comes from the IP's who flew them in the early days.Then our Director of Training made the decision to fly two different types. Don't you think Drew and Nelson would have rammed it down our throats to fly both types, even they thought it was not safe.

701EV

I don't see the big deal about flying both aircraft. I would trade that for something else - pay or work rules. Other carriers do it safely, I'm sure we could too.

ASADriver said:
I don't see the big deal about flying both aircraft. I would trade that for something else - pay or work rules. Other carriers do it safely, I'm sure we could too.

I agree. We are one in only a few that don't fly it common and cite "Safety" as a reason. I just can't buy that when ours would be an "unsafe" situation when many other ALPA carriers deem it to be safe and fly them daily.

GreatView said:
I agree. We are one in only a few that don't fly it common and cite "Safety" as a reason. I just can't buy that when ours would be an "unsafe" situation when many other ALPA carriers deem it to be safe and fly them daily.

You suscribe to the FAA safety standard. If it is unsafe show me the body count and then we will make changes.

ASADriver said:

You're sure? Are you POSITIVE? What if you're wrong, Biscuit? And are you speaking from your extensive line experience in flying both aircraft dual qual, or what the real pilots who actually fly without an instructor in the right seat tell you?

ASADriver said:
So the "official" line has changed again. Lets recap,

1. Offer was made, but it included PBS. We don't wan't PBS
then,
2. Offer was made, but it was pulled from the table.
then,
3. Offer was made, but company didn't want to make it in front of NMB and it included PBS - sort of back to story #1.

Does this mean ALPA isn't sticking to the "company pulled the offer from the table" line?

That was pretty good spin, Biscuit. When they kick you out of the "engineering" department, you may consider Corporate communications.

1. NO offer was made because paper never changed hands. Company gave a verbal "What if we gave you xxx, could you give us yyy?

2. NO offer was made because paper never changed hands. Company failed to produce when union asked for a paper proposal. Proposal company finally submitted wasn't anything like the "what if", and included PBS. As a side note, no mediator would have allowed the introduction of PBS at this stage in the game because it would be regressive on TA'd sections and would be considered "bad faith bargaining".

3. NO offer was made because paper never changed hands. See number 2.

Bizjet said:
You suscribe to the FAA safety standard. If it is unsafe show me the body count and then we will make changes.

Whatever dude. Don't hand me your crybaby B.S.....

Maybe you should tell all our men and women in uniform that fly in the reserves that they're unsafe (they're current/qualified and flying completely DIFFERENT types when you consider the mil and 121). On that note, go tell every other airline in the world that flies common types that they're smoking holes in the making.

I'm sure you're one of those guys we hear on the ops & flt control freq who whines and complains about everything.

Go home to mommy and complain because I don't want to hear it........

Last edited:
GreatView said:
Whatever dude. Don't hand me your crybaby B.S.....

Maybe you should tell all our men and women in uniform that fly in the reserves that they're unsafe (they're current/qualified and flying completely DIFFERENT types when you consider the mil and 121). On that note, go tell every other airline in the world that flies common types that they're smoking holes in the making.

I'm sure you're one of those guys we hear on the ops & flt control freq who whines and complains about everything.

Go home to mommy and complain because I don't want to hear it........

Mighty strong words for a freshman with 29 posts, there GreatView.

Latest resources

Back