• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA July lines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone really think the schedules will get better? Why would they? The company knows they can do this stuff to us and we don't care (some of us do).

They will get better when we get the furloughs back on property, and when the training cycles die down after this last bid. We just have too few crews to run good schedules right now. I have opinions on why this happened, but I'm not going to post them on a forum that management reads.

They will get better when we get the furloughs back on property, and when the training cycles die down after this last bid. We just have too few crews to run good schedules right now. I have opinions on why this happened, but I'm not going to post them on a forum that management reads.

Why?

-Are you frightened that they may be able to read your thoughts? Are the little green guys still after your Lucky Charms? Who the hell cares what is posted here?

-Maybe there is some super-secret plot by mgmt. to be mean to people who post nasty things here. Maybe there are little gnomes living in your shorts!

See a lot of six-leg, almost 12 hour days - found one with a 10 hour overnight right after such a day.

Amazing how just a couple months after all the media buzz about pilot fatigue and work conditions, we see ******************** like this.

With ATL 200 guys getting smashed so bad maybe they'll TDY some IAD guys to ATL, get us a hotel, and put us as call first so you boys can get a break

I just am stunned that there are even 14 less lines on the 200 for July than there was for June! Really? The busiest month of the year, and there are less lines??? What is going on over there???

I just am stunned that there are even 14 less lines on the 200 for July than there was for June! Really? The busiest month of the year, and there are less lines??? What is going on over there???

Reserves aren't being used to cover sick calls, and IROPS, they're being used to operate the schedule- i.e. the open time that no one can pick up because they're all on 4 day trips. Why create a hard line, when you can give a reserve pilot a hard line's worth of trips, *and* have him at your mercy to pick up extra legs here and there.

What's everybody's reserve list looking like? Its looking ugly for 200 FOs. 0 Available today and tomorrow. If someone misses a commuter flight or calls in sick the whole operation will be thrown off. If more than on pilot calls in sick results may prove disastrous. Hear's to hoping everyone is healthy this summer!

Latest resources

Back