• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA July lines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just stop picking up open time and things will change. Lets show the company that we are indeed running thin. They won't know until we show them exactly what we/they are/aren't working with.
I don't want to hear about line holders geting extended and blah blah blah...don't pick up the phone and you don't get extended.
Pilots on furlough = no pick up of opentime.
support your pilots and your union.

Guys. This extra flying came as a surprise from Delta. It is in our best interest to be flexible, and to grow. That will get the furloughs back. We are already calling a lot of them back, and more soon I'm betting. Even if all of them started class on Monday, the ones who have been gone a while will take probably 2 months to get spooled up.

Things have been turning around quickly. We need to show that we are a good company, that can roll with a few punches as we get back up to speed. That will drive more upgrades, and get the furloughs back a lot sooner than being an idiot, and taking an anti-company stance. It is the company that pays your salary, after all, and if you are anti-company, you're shooting yourself in the foot. This ain't rocket science folks.

you must either be SH, an IP (meaning u don't fly a line, no offense meant + I have a PC coming up:)) , or a big big big kool-aid drinker:smash:

hey maybe it's RA from the alpa bd! :uzi:

Guys. This extra flying came as a surprise from Delta. It is in our best interest to be flexible, and to grow. That will get the furloughs back. We are already calling a lot of them back, and more soon I'm betting. Even if all of them started class on Monday, the ones who have been gone a while will take probably 2 months to get spooled up.

Things have been turning around quickly. We need to show that we are a good company, that can roll with a few punches as we get back up to speed. That will drive more upgrades, and get the furloughs back a lot sooner than being an idiot, and taking an anti-company stance. It is the company that pays your salary, after all, and if you are anti-company, you're shooting yourself in the foot. This ain't rocket science folks.

DING DING DING Do you know what happens around Sept / Oct this year for ASA?

So...which day is the planned "flu" day?

hee hee

Perhaps company should have thought of this before they decided to cramp the vice down on the pilot group. Not trying to be negative, just stating the facts. For many of us the punches have been coming hard and fast for quite some time.

oh crapo u mean it wasn't this month??????????????????????????

Damn, it wasn't? To quote Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer:

Once again, things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!!!!

And I just got the "4 in 12" red priority OurASA message for this months sick and tired call too. Bummer.

Perhaps company should have thought of this before they decided to cramp the vice down on the pilot group. Not trying to be negative, just stating the facts. For many of us the punches have been coming hard and fast for quite some time.

+1 to this.

Last edited:

I know, and I'm not minimizing that at all. The reserves have been taking it up the shorts since the furloughs started. But remember, they haven't been clamping down on the pilot group. They have been trying to run as lean as possible, to reduce our costs as much as possible for the rate-reset this fall.

I just don't care for spewing vitriol, in either direction. We all gotta get along to keep getting our paychecks, and maybe have a chance of having the paycheck get bigger.

Latest resources

Back