• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA July lines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
0.00 Captains left on the list today. Good luck line-holders with your extensions and Jr. Mans!

why?

-are you frightened that they may be able to read your thoughts? Are the little green guys still after your lucky charms? Who the hell cares what is posted here?

-maybe there is some super-secret plot by mgmt. To be mean to people who post nasty things here. Maybe there are little gnomes living in your shorts!

wtf? ...

If any of you were furloughed right now and just got a PIC job flying 135 in a piston twin and they asked you to give at least 6 months before you moved on and then you got recalled in less than 6 months would you bypass? The way things are looking over there I am wondering if I really would rather hang out in a relaxed environment getting PIC multi time with a scheduling department that works with your time off requests than go back and get abused... I am thinking to wait until they get more pilots recalled and stretch out that 6 months here so I don't burn any bridges but I am worried that if I pass up the next recall that it might be a longer time before they got to a 3rd because of how things play out after the summer.

SIC twin turbine vs. PIC twin piston....??? they both have pros and cons... anyone there have any experience in this they would like to share. I'd be grateful for info I havnt though of yet. They pay either way would be about the same +/- 5K but it sounds like QOL right now coming back would be a [insert creative swearing here]

Thanks guys... sorry if this isn't the best thread to insert this in but I figured all the complaining in this thread could tie into what I am looking for.

Be safe out there!

If any of you were furloughed right now and just got a PIC job flying 135 in a piston twin and they asked you to give at least 6 months before you moved on and then you got recalled in less than 6 months would you bypass? The way things are looking over there I am wondering if I really would rather hang out in a relaxed environment getting PIC multi time with a scheduling department that works with your time off requests than go back and get abused... I am thinking to wait until they get more pilots recalled and stretch out that 6 months here so I don't burn any bridges but I am worried that if I pass up the next recall that it might be a longer time before they got to a 3rd because of how things play out after the summer.

SIC twin turbine vs. PIC twin piston....??? they both have pros and cons... anyone there have any experience in this they would like to share. I'd be grateful for info I havnt though of yet. They pay either way would be about the same +/- 5K but it sounds like QOL right now coming back would be a [insert creative swearing here]

Thanks guys... sorry if this isn't the best thread to insert this in but I figured all the complaining in this thread could tie into what I am looking for.

Be safe out there!

I think the PIC will benefit you far more. You will learn more-and have to put up with far less b.s.... There are zillions of people running around with SIC turbine these days-doesn't seem like that much of a plus anymore.

Be safe out there!

It all depends on what your long-term goals are. If you want to move to a major, you need turbine PIC for most jobs. Does this 135 operator have any turbine aircraft you can move to?

The schedule will suck if you come back now, no question, but the management is doing things to grow the company, so upgrades will come eventually, and probably quicker than if you went to a place like Colgan and made 1st year pay all over again.

It's really your call.

James,

Depends on which job has better pay and benefits.

Latest resources

Back