• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA July lines...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And as far as the July lines, the only good thing I can say is that there are two differnt kinds of suck in this business and at least this is the better of the two.

With that being said, I believe July will not work as is. Our performance is going to be stuck in the J along with quite a bit of pooh.

a man gave you a job and simply asked you to stay 6 months.

be careful with those bridges. ASA wont hesitate to furlough you again if it benefits them. you may need another job one day.

there will be plenty of chances to come back to ASA. or at least talk to your boss. tell him the situation. Tell him you are willing to stay because you gave your word and you wouldn't want to put him in a bind. He could say it's no big deal and be okay with you going back to ASA.

Man up, be honest. If I were the boss...that would go a long way with me.

Just my 2 cents.

a man gave you a job and simply asked you to stay 6 months.

be careful with those bridges. ASA wont hesitate to furlough you again if it benefits them. you may need another job one day.

there will be plenty of chances to come back to ASA. or at least talk to your boss. tell him the situation. Tell him you are willing to stay because you gave your word and you wouldn't want to put him in a bind. He could say it's no big deal and be okay with you going back to ASA.

Man up, be honest. If I were the boss...that would go a long way with me.

Just my 2 cents.

James,

That's a much better answer than mine. Glad I don't get paid for this kind of crap. I'd owe you money.

What's everybody's reserve list looking like? Its looking ugly for 200 FOs. 0 Available today and tomorrow. If someone misses a commuter flight or calls in sick the whole operation will be thrown off. If more than one pilot calls in sick results may prove disastrous. Hear's to hoping everyone is healthy this summer!

I know three sick captains right now...

I was browsing the lines and there look like lots of very fatiguing trips in there. Very long days and really short overnights followed by another killer day and short overnight were pretty common. Then on the other end of the spectrum there were the 30 plus hour layovers. I just feel like cost and operational performance seem to have taken priority over safety.

Call the Whistleblower Hotline

Whistleblower Hotline Phone Number: 1-800-255-1111
This hotline is for employees of air carriers, air carrier contractors, and air carrier subcontractors who would like information on how to file a whistleblower complaint.
The Whistleblower Protection Program protects employees who believe they have experienced some form of reprisal from their employer for reporting information relating to any violation or alleged violation of any order, regulation, or standard of the Federal Aviation Administration or any other Federal law relating to air carrier safety.
Regular business hours are Monday-Friday, 8am until 4pm, Eastern Time, except federal holidays. After business hours, you may leave a voice message.

Latest resources

Back