ASA hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Medeco said:
CV lost my respect when he told me if I and other FO's keep losing checklist and asking for new ones that the company was going to go bankrupt.

He was dead serious. This was the week before DAL announced BK.
So that is what did it - W:OW. General Lee was right, it was our fault.

Here I thought it was horrible mismanagement, arrogance (it can't happen to us) and greed (thanks Michelle Burns & Leo) that did Delta in. I had no idea it was the paper used to print checklists. And I bet he was right, after all we had to revise the revised checklist several times. Must have been the straw....

Blucher said:
That particular dog is all bark. I wouldn't lose any sleep over what that moron sees as reality. All you really have to do is stand up to him and he shows himself as the coward he really is. He trys to intimidate people, even when he knows he's wrong. All you have to do is call him on it and suggest getting some more people involved. Blucher:D

The gay CP you're referring to?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

John Pennekamp said:
If MW or JA were told to discipline a pilot that they thought was unfair, they would have stood up to the boss. That's why they aren't CPs anymore.

True. Two who would fight for pilots. JA was alot of drama at times, but an excellent CP in my book.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Wow, I just asked if they were hiring and it turns into a three page bash the company thread. This place must really suck.

coltsfan....you show up, fly your flight and go home. For those of us that did actual work prior to coming here, its not that bad. Are there issue that need to be worked out, certainly. Do we have 5 and 6 day trips? No. Do we have 18-20 duty days like some corporate outfits? No. Do we fly 134 and 1/2 bending rules? No. In every job, you're going to have jobs where people b*tch and moan. Most happen to vent here. This place could be better, and it could be much worse. Ask those folks that are getting screwed like mesaba. It could ALWAYS be worse.

coltsfn8888 said:
Wow, I just asked if they were hiring and it turns into a three page bash the company thread. This place must really suck.

Well, I've had plenty of worse flying jobs before coming here. I've been around the block many times. ASA used to be a good company, but it's gone downhill since Delta bought us. Now this company isn't worth working for. Enter at your own risk, 1500 bit_hers can't be wrong. 300 happy kool-aid drinkers don't make this a good company.

So I guess the fact that the new contract didn't go over too well doesn't help us poolies get into class any earlier...

jacksjj said:
So I guess the fact that the new contract didn't go over too well doesn't help us poolies get into class any earlier...

Not necessarily. Lots of F/os are leaving myself included. I think there will be a class soon

jacksjj said:

There is no new contract! We have been negoiating for 4+ years though. And now we're parked. The mediator won't release us to go out on strike. Go somewhere else, like Skywest.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back