ASA hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coltsfn8888

On airlinepilotcentral it says ASA is not hiring but I just got a call today from the recruiter. I have no intention of returning the call just curious as to whats going on.

I interviewed with ASA last week 23/24 their interviewing people to build their pool. They won't hire until the pilot contract is resolved is what they told me. Their thinking hopefully the end of fall

ASA Call

I missed a call from 404-766-1400, googled it and saw it was ASA. That happened today. Wonder why they didn't leave a message? Maybe I have to answer my phone 'right now' to get an intre-view?

Tango - Nah, that was crew scheduling. You already have an occurrence for no showing for a trip.

What is that Goat doing here in the clouds?

TangoIndiaMike said:
I missed a call from 404-766-1400, googled it and saw it was ASA. That happened today. Wonder why they didn't leave a message? Maybe I have to answer my phone 'right now' to get an intre-view?

That is one phone number I just cringe to see on the caller id.

probablecause said:
That is one phone number I just cringe to see on the caller id.

I agree, but when the GO phone number shows up, it's usually because it's beneficial to you (ie, your trip has been taken for training, etc.)

When you get junior manned or when they call on reserve, it comes up as no caller ID.

Not that any of this matters, as I don't answer the phone either way. Just the trend I picked up on during my life on reserve.

My roommate told me that he never answers ASA calls anymore, so they played a trick on him. Apparently it was his last leg of a trip and someone told him to call dispatch. He, none the wiser, did so... was put on hold, and transferred to crew scheduling and extended on his trip.

That my friends... is a classy move.

However, for the time being, everytime my phone rings I hope its someone in that office with a class. I will worry about that later.

jacksjj said:
My roommate told me that he never answers ASA calls anymore, so they played a trick on him. Apparently it was his last leg of a trip and someone told him to call dispatch. He, none the wiser, did so... was put on hold, and transferred to crew scheduling and extended on his trip.

However, for the time being, everytime my phone rings I hope its someone in that office with a class. I will worry about that later.

And knowing this, y'all want to come to ASA... why? News flash... THEY TREAT US EMPLOYEES LIKE DIRT!

jacksjj said:

Be sure to post Crew Scheduling's tricks for contacting Crew Members on days off. Just so we know what is coming and can develop countermeasures.

Last year they were using calling cards at Christmas so you would not know who was calling. With a house full of relatives it is difficult to enforce the "no answer" policy and even more difficult when friends are travelling in from out of town.

Last year the calling cards Crew Scheduling was using would come up as Denver Aera Codes. They also use their cell phones (but only on nights and weekends).

Latest resources

Back