• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last two trips I have been on crew scheduling has tried to extend me, both times I was not legal, I really stay on top of my time now. Thing is I had to explain to them why I wasnt legal, they acted like I was on crack or something. Watch out.

sweptback said:
Ok, that's it. From now on I'm calling crew scheduling on all my off days and informing them that I'm sick. I suggest that everybody else do the same.

And the WILL deduct 2.5 hours from your guarantee. Ask the FAs. They whack them for off days sick not too. If an FA calls in for a 3 day, they charge her for all the off days until her next trip. We're next. Total crap. Gotta love ASA!

~~~^~~~ said:
Its only "grievable" if the airline takes disciplinary action against you. Since I was a good boy and was below my 4 occurrences for the year, the airline took no action against me and there was nothing to grieve. Unfortunately I can't grieve the fact that I was running around the house screaming obscenities on Christmas Eve.

When the airline hires a former Grievance Committee member as a Chief Pilot, watch out. They pretty much know how to roll up the contract and use it to beat you like a dog.

The Chief pilot (CV) was the Grievance Committe Chairman, and FO Rep (MEC member) for ALPA!

Talk about beating us at our own game.

~~~^~~~ said:
When the airline hires a former Grievance Committee member as a Chief Pilot, watch out. They pretty much know how to roll up the contract and use it to beat you like a dog.

That particular dog is all bark. I wouldn't lose any sleep over what that moron sees as reality. All you really have to do is stand up to him and he shows himself as the coward he really is. He trys to intimidate people, even when he knows he's wrong. All you have to do is call him on it and suggest getting some more people involved. Once you do that he realizes how foolish he's going to look in the light of day for even suggesting his baseless version of the rules and backs down. Generally he will fall back on doing a "pubs check" at that point in order to maintain some feeling of still being 'in charge,' then critique you on what "order" you have you books in (yet another BS argument that has no basis in reality).
Fly safe.

Blucher:D

Blucher said:
That particular dog is all bark. I wouldn't lose any sleep over what that moron sees as reality. All you really have to do is stand up to him and he shows himself as the coward he really is. He trys to intimidate people, even when he knows he's wrong. All you have to do is call him on it and suggest getting some more people involved. Once you do that he realizes how foolish he's going to look in the light of day for even suggesting his baseless version of the rules and backs down. Generally he will fall back on doing a "pubs check" at that point in order to maintain some feeling of still being 'in charge,' then critique you on what "order" you have you books in (yet another BS argument that has no basis in reality).
Fly safe.

Blucher:D

I've seen the complete opposite from him. He will push a bad position just to avoid apologizing and admitting he was wrong. Then when the higher power gets involved, suddenly he turns all nice like nothing ever happened. Either way, he's the biggest tool that ever sat in a Chief Pilot's office.

CV lost my respect when he told me if I and other FO's keep losing checklist and asking for new ones that the company was going to go bankrupt.

He was dead serious. This was the week before DAL announced BK.

Whatta jerk.

Medeco

John Pennekamp said:
I've seen the complete opposite from him. He will push a bad position just to avoid apologizing and admitting he was wrong. Then when the higher power gets involved, suddenly he turns all nice like nothing ever happened. Either way, he's the biggest tool that ever sat in a Chief Pilot's office.

That's fine too. Moral of the story is the same. When this guy pushes you, push back. I'm fairly certain the impression that you and I have of him is shared by an overwhelming majority of the pilot group. I know there are plenty out there who disagree, but I miss JA in that office. He's was tough, but he was fair, and he never just made sh*t up like this guy does. And if you were right, there was no one under the sun that would fight harder for you against the B.B. (Boneheaded Bureaucracy) than JA.

-Blucher:D

Blucher said:
That's fine too. Moral of the story is the same. When this guy pushes you, push back. I'm fairly certain the impression that you and I have of him is shared by an overwhelming majority of the pilot group. I know there are plenty out there who disagree, but I miss JA in that office. He's was tough, but he was fair, and he never just made sh*t up like this guy does. And if you were right, there was no one under the sun that would fight harder for you against the B.B. (Boneheaded Bureaucracy) than JA.

-Blucher:D

Agreed. JA was a blowhard, but beneath it a good chief pilot. He honestly cared, and took up for pilots when they needed help. If you screwed up, you admitted it and took your licks. I still have a lot of respect for 'ol Joe.

Also notable were DC and MW. DH misses the list because he sold out at the end and turned on the pilots trying to hold onto his position.

It's sad that ASA has let go all the chief pilots who truly were "pilot advocates" and replaced them with mindless robotic discipline dispensers that chant the company propaganda to any newhire that they can lure into their office. It's sad to see CV picking on a probationary newhire that can't defend themself. I wonder if he beats up girls too...

let's be fair

Let's be fair here. In my limited interaction with the CPO, FL and BD have been fair and helpful. Please do not lump them in with the other 3.

buscap said:
Let's be fair here. In my limited interaction with the CPO, FL and BD have been fair and helpful. Please do not lump them in with the other 3.

I made no mention of FL and BD, but since you bring them up... they lose respect in my book because they have survived by their inaction. FL is a great guy, but will pass the buck on a hot issue to avoid confrontation. BD would rather be on a beach somewhere, and it shows. And BD has lied to my face that everything was taken care of, yet doublecrossed me. Both will blame their bosses if they have to do something bad to you and tell you it's not their fault, they're "just following orders". If MW or JA were told to discipline a pilot that they thought was unfair, they would have stood up to the boss. That's why they aren't CPs anymore.

Latest resources

Back