• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Havco Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, my sinus infection just got the best of me. When I called, the scheduler laughed and responded with a fustrated "Wow!"

I didn't say a word...but was laughing on the inside!

Yesterday, after an aircraft swapp with a 40 minute turn, I arrived at my airplane with 2 maintenance write ups.

First was the ADG sticker, and second was the Nose Wheel Steering Armed sticker. You couldn't quite read "Armed". When I have those 4:30AM wake-ups, my brain tends to forget what that switch is for. Had the "armed" been illegible, I may have taxiied without nosewheel steering and ran over the ramper, and the tug behind him. Kudos to the Captain who caught this and made ASA a safer place.
:beer:

NWS Placard.....

Yesterday, after an aircraft swapp with a 40 minute turn, I arrived at my airplane with 2 maintenance write ups.

First was the ADG sticker, and second was the Nose Wheel Steering Armed sticker. You couldn't quite read "Armed". When I have those 4:30AM wake-ups, my brain tends to forget what that switch is for. Had the "armed" been illegible, I may have taxiied without nosewheel steering and ran over the ramper, and the tug behind him. Kudos to the Captain who caught this and made ASA a safer place.
:beer:

Yep-
that is a good one..... I never really would have noticed it, but during IOE, my instructor told me about a guy who got violated for having one that was not readable. Inspector on the jumpseat had a point-if someone did get hurt by the switch being in the wrong position, how would you know where it should have been if you can't read the placard.... Switch positions are not memory items.

-Keep kicking these tards right in the nards! They have earned every ounce or our wrath.

As an ex OO with buddies at ASA, just wanted to say stay strong. Too much $hit for too long. The markets are changing and the flights are full. Time for the flight crews to be taken care of.

And, and hellonewman, shut the fck up.

Don't let SH's prediction that this will blow over in a few days come true. This will let out ALL the wind in our sails, as well as PROVING that we are a bunch of self centered pu$$ies. These deferrals will be expiring in the next several days and they MUST be fixed. Now is NOT the time to back off

Fly SAFE and Don't fly sick!!!

Best of luck to you guys. After almost 8 years at ASA, I had enough. It's a shame that your management doesn't realize what a great bunch of pilots they have. Give em hell.......

EV Summary -Flt Operations on 09/01/2007
As of 9/1/2007 at 21:45
................Arrivals ..........Departures
OnTime (D0)170 - 46.1% 214 - 49.2%
Within 5 Min.204 - 55.3% 255 - 58.6%
Within 15 Min.262 - 71.0% 308 - 70.8%
Within 30 Min.311 - 84.3% 351 - 80.7%
Within 45 Min.328 - 88.9% 385 - 88.5%
Greater 45 Min.41 - 11.1% 50 - 11.5%
Cancellations16 - 2.8% 16 - 2.8%

9/1 stats:

Completion: 96% (somehow Freedom managed 95.5%?)

D-Zero: 41.7% (Skywest was next at 60.7%)

A-14: 57% (Freedom was next at 64.4%)

Good work guys. A professional does his job to the best of their abilities, but five years is waayyyy to long.

Stick it too 'em.

Turbo

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back