ASA: Growth or Contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
I think the Delta pilots would support ASA. CMR is another thing though.

Do you mean you don't think the CMR pilots would support ASA in a strike? Or that the DAL pilots wouldn't support CMR if they were to strike again?

Growth vs Contract

Sounds like everybody on here is in favor of a better contract over continued growth. If that's what you want then that's exactly what you'll get.

There is no problem sending all future orders of DCI aircraft to CHQ or other carriers. Their pilots would be more than happy to fly those airplanes and make money for DCI if the ASA pilot group doesn't want to.

D. Bedson said:
Sounds like everybody on here is in favor of a better contract over continued growth. If that's what you want then that's exactly what you'll get.

There is no problem sending all future orders of DCI aircraft to CHQ or other carriers. Their pilots would be more than happy to fly those airplanes and make money for DCI if the ASA pilot group doesn't want to.

This is NOT Drew...look at the profile, it says CL-65. I think Drew only did some ferry flights in the ATR-72 for ASA. I am pretty sure he is NOT CL-65 qualified.

F.uck off nimrod....

I edited my post b/c it is my first stupid post in over 5 yrs of being on this site. But why would you defend him?

Palerider957 said:
This is NOT Drew...look at the profile, it says CL-65. I think Drew only did some ferry flights in the ATR-72 for ASA. I am pretty sure he is NOT CL-65 qualified.

F.uck off nimrod....
Yes, because not only would DB post comments on this board, but he would also do it under his own name, and also make sure his profile was correct.

:D

FL990 said:
So are you Bow Peep or the Little Sheep? Because by the way YOU talk, you are obviously a follower and not a leader or someone who can conjure up his own thought process.

I am not saying that we should fold and just take what we have. I am saying that we need to come up with reasons why management should give it to us. I am going to post something on this board that I posted on another:

I agree that management takes advantage of the pilot groups in many ways...but instead of whinning and complaining all the time, we need to all (EVERYONE...ALL ALPA PILOTS) put our heads together and come up with a way to get the upper hand......because right now, its like we are walking into a gun fight with a water pistol and telling everyone to drop there weapons...and actually expecting them too and getting mad cause they won't. Negotiations don't work this way. YOU MUST HAVE LEVERAGE!! Unfortunately, we as pilots don't have enough to get what we want at this time. For us at ASA, a strike is unlikely...Bush has said it won't happen on his watch...that takes away an enormous amount of leverage right away and the company knows this. Yes, we can hold strickly to policies, write everything up....etc etc, but this only goes so far if its just one group doing it.....But if ALL OF DELTA does it...thats another story...

When we all come together as one voice, then and only then will we have the leverage to get what we want. Right now, we're going strap with a pump action WATER GUN!!!

: OK, now that you have read that, do you still think I'm management? Does that sound like something management would say? Think about this...put yourself in managements shoes for just one second. If you were in there place, why give us what we want. What threat do we offer them that they must try and avoid. In baseball, Derik Jeter gets paid what he does because of the fear that he might leave and go to another team...we don't have that threat because they don't care. The only threat that we have is as a UNION and a true union is everyone, not just ASA, or Comair as individuals, BUT EVERYONE, and to top it all of, they use our own competition between each other in the union as THEIR LEVERAGE...look at what the flight attendants are trying to do...THATS A UNION!

I am neither LBP, the sheep nor Jo Momma. I am quite experienced in leadership and have excellent critical thinking skills..

Why do you have so much inside knowledge and "negotiating experience"? By your own admission, that narrows your identity to a handful of possible people, half of who work on the ALPA side. You don't work for ALPA...

ifly4food said:
Why do you have so much inside knowledge and "negotiating experience"? By your own admission, that narrows your identity to a handful of possible people, half of who work on the ALPA side. You don't work for ALPA...
Ya caught me....ya caught the "TATOR"!

Latest resources

Back