• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA: Growth or Contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We need to stand up and be counted!! I am sick and tired of hearing how bad things are going! This company is making so much money that it isn't even funny. Those of you who think we should bow down and take what is offered are NUTS!!!! It is that kind of attitude that ends up getting us SCREWED!!! I am with a lot of you PAY, SCHED, QofL! Forget this retirement thing. Look what is happening around the industry. Everyone is losing their retirements after being with a company for over 30 years! Take more money and get a better match on the 401K and walk away! The company is just hoping that we will give up some stuff for the retirement package, which we all know will SUCK, and we will lose something else!! Open your eyes guys, WE NEED THIS NOW!!! Have you ever heard of a Delta contract going for more than 6-8 months.....NO!!! Yet, here we are sitting back taking it like champs right in the "Pooper" and liking it. Heh, no wonder we are all part of a Grand Vision!! We are grabbing our ankles and taking it! Our Union needs to get tougher and cut the crap! I would like to see some results before I DIE!!! Stop **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Footing around and get this deal done!
Wow, I feel much better! Hey thanks for letting me VENT!!
GET HER DONE BOYS!!

It is illegal for the union to 'suggest' things for you to do in order to get management's attention. You'll just have to start on your own, and then watch as it catches on with other pilots and spreads. Actually saw an FO unload almost the entire cargo load by himself recently! That'll get management's attention...NOT!

Freebrd said:
It is illegal for the union to 'suggest' things for you to do in order to get management's attention. You'll just have to start on your own, and then watch as it catches on with other pilots and spreads. Actually saw an FO unload almost the entire cargo load by himself recently! That'll get management's attention...NOT!
You should kicked him in his balls! I'm tired of these junior FO's shouting for services on the radio and running ragged to "get out on time." Captains, put the newspaper down and exercise some leadership! Educate these young whelps.

Indeed. God forbid some young wipper snapper try to do his part to advise operations that the aircraft is in need of lav service. As for doing what you can to help run on time, it would be a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** shame if it ever crossed our minds that this is a customer service industry.

I am all for getting a good contract, but with an attitude that constantly says fu@k the people who are paying for the tickets it won't be long before we are down the deep, dark sh1thole that every airline but JetBlue, AirTran and Southwest is in.

MetroSheriff said:
Indeed. God forbid some young wipper snapper try to do his part to advise operations that the aircraft is in need of lav service. As for doing what you can to help run on time, it would be a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** shame if it ever crossed our minds that this is a customer service industry.

I am all for getting a good contract, but with an attitude that constantly says fu@k the people who are paying for the tickets it won't be long before we are down the deep, dark sh1thole that every airline but JetBlue, AirTran and Southwest is in.
I agree. We can't sacrafice customer service just to piss management off. Whether we like it or not, when we do harm to the companies reputation, it affects us as pilots negatively as well. I'm not saying that we need to be out there loading bags...thats not our job, and if we start doing that, they won't keep enough ramp staff because "the pilots can just help out." No, we really shouldn't be doing this, but we should be doing our job. I believe that the book says that we are supposed to call for a departure coordinator...is that correct? Regardless, there is a procedure to follow when the aircraft needs serviced and that is what we need to do. But we should not have this "screw ASA" attitude because that ulitimately effects our lifeline, which is our customers. We need to remember that...those people in the back of the plane, they aren't just passengers, they are customers and like Metro said, this industry is a customer service industry.

I think its time to run a safe operation like we always have. Customer service, safety, maintenance. Run your checklist like the ops specs say. If its questionable check your ops specs. If the aircraft is broke wright it up. If things don't happen the way they should then we should call the DC. One call thats all. Things are not like 98. Use your heads.

Metro's correct!

DD, get a life!

I am curious as I read all of these chest thumping threads as to who really is in the know. How much exactly do you think that we will get as an increase in pay and bennies. I will be the first to admit that we have the WORST screw scheduling department in the industry. You can not hold someone accountable when there is no system in place. This is the Gary Grosse (sp?) plan. It is nothing more than screw up, move up. But with this in mind, to me, moving to the left seat at our rates is a HUGE raise over FO pay. With the number of aircraft projected to come our way, we can NOT ignore the value and QOL issues here. If we get a 10% raise (which is highly unlikely), and even get crew scheduling to be held accountable for their actions, the gain will not outway the advantage of hundreds of Captain positions. I am in NO WAY suggesting that we take LESS of a contract in lue of additional aircraft. But if you read these threads, they imply that we should get a better contract (what ever it may be) at ANY cost. Just remember, there may be more ways to get what we want than the status quo. Maybe it would be just as important to accept as many aircraft as possible while working on contract negotiations as it would be to try and get the best contract possible while putting up a wall we cant get past. Just a thought!

Latest resources

Back