ASA: Growth or Contract?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ted Striker said:
FL990, I believe that you are a managment plant on this board trying to calm everyone down. I think this pilot group is just starting to get riled up enough and you are trying to get us to "simmah down now!!" I hope I'm wrong-but something smells fishy.
TEDDY,

Have you read any of my posts....cause I don't think ya have. Do you think that a management plant is going to sit and try to get all the pilots in Alpa to come together and act as one big group....is that what you think they want....CAUSE THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY!!!!!!! WAKE UP! All our pissing and moaning and whining and complaining COSTS THEM NOTHING!!! NOTHING!!! MORALE, until it starts to cost them money, why should they care? They know that as soon as we get our contract, the wounds will heal quickly, so until it costs them more to deal with our antics than it would to just give in and give us what we want, they will deal with our antics. But you, you are so typical...lots of emotion, little ration....YOU MUST THINK RATIONALLY. Management will listen to us and negotiate when it costs them less to do so. There position does not exist to facilitate our pocket books...they are there to maximize wealth for the "shareholders" who in this case, is Delta.

That is why I have been harping and ranting about leverage all over this entire message board...we must get something they want in order to give it up to get what we want....this is how negotiation works, because we can't go in and ask for what we want just on the basis....."why should we give it to you pilots....WELL, because we just want it . Management knows this and that is why they are doing there part for the company. As soon as we get something to offer them in return (ie. threat of work stopage) they will start to cooperate.

So yes: "simmah down now!!" as you put it so well and THINK! Lets put our heads together....ALL OF US...cause thats where our power comes from!!

Ted Striker,

I stand corrected, your right Chuck Tickeltoe runs the show. I don't know what I was thinking. We dont have Chucks attention. Here are yesterdays numbers. Does anyone else see a problem?

11/18 Ops Summary

Metric Actual Goal

Completion 96.5 98.0

D-0 75.5 61.1

A-15 82.4 81.1

Bag Claims 0.1/1k 8.0/1k

Load Factor 77.2

701EV

701EV said:
Ted Striker,

I stand corrected, your right Chuck Tickeltoe runs the show. I don't know what I was thinking. We dont have Chucks attention. Here are yesterdays numbers. Does anyone else see a problem?

11/18 Ops Summary

Metric Actual Goal

Completion 96.5 98.0

D-0 75.5 61.1

A-15 82.4 81.1

Bag Claims 0.1/1k 8.0/1k

Load Factor 77.2

701EV
In short, NO. When the NMB releases us to strike, I will strike. When we do informational picketing, I will be holding a sign along with everyone else. Other than that, I am not doing anything different from my norm. I get on the aircraft 45 min prior to departure and make NO radio calls...just sit and wait for the departure coordinator to let him know what I need. Any type of self-help agenda is not worth our jobs. This is cut-throat and I think the guys running the show this time are a little more serious and savvy about things than George and John were. Be careful out there.

Negotiations

Actually Chuck is just a pawn to ASA's lawyer...forgot his name. This A-Hole is who runs the negotiation sessions for the company.
Cheers

701EV said:
Ted Striker,

11/18 Ops Summary

Metric Actual Goal

Completion 96.5 98.0

D-0 75.5 61.1

A-15 82.4 81.1

Bag Claims 0.1/1k 8.0/1k

Load Factor 77.2

701EV
Yes, I see a problem. Our "goal" for D-0 is 61.1%; it is pretty pathetic that 61% is our goal! :(

Yes I believe Horizon does get just block hours ---THEY are making alot more that you and I--airlinepilotpay.com--if they can afford it so can ASA and more 401k match!!!

WHEN do we start INFO. PICKETING--what are we waiting on..

CO. Express did get FULL RETRO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!
If not they got 2-3 years for free....

Let us stop using Sept 11th as an excuse to give it all away. Horizon did sign their contract prior to Sept 2001. Still, today, with those very pay rates Horizon air is posting quarterly profits and Horizon does not get a gaurentee of profits for every departure as expressjet does. Additionally Express Jet is a MUCH larger carier and should be able to negotiate competative pay. point is...If Horizon makes profits with their current contracts it is fare to say Express Jet could match pay and best it with their considerable procing power considering their massive size.

Now, I will be first to tell you Horizons contract has serious grey in the work rules but still the min days off is 13 per 5 week bid and offers 4 weeks of paid vacation (that is 4 weeks a year to bid...actual acrual is closer to 5 depending on bidding ability). So Horizon also has a minimum of nearly 3 months off a year 1 third of which is paid......

Sinca3 said:
Actually Chuck is just a pawn to ASA's lawyer...forgot his name. This A-Hole is who runs the negotiation sessions for the company.
Cheers
Well that's not surprising. The ones who should be negotiating don't have any education anyway, so this is what they're left with- a sleazy lawyer to figure out how to F us, because they can't do a good enough job of it.

FL990 said:
TEDDY,

Have you read any of my posts....cause I don't think ya have.

Teddy, that's sweet. I have read your posts and that is what drew me to my earlier conclusion. To suggest that ASA management was conducting good business practices and being smart negotiators is beyond laughable. Sounds like standard airline management BS to me, in case you missed my Harvard MBA reference (not at this airline, I suppose). As far as putting our heads together and figuring out what we can do: not much to do except wait for the strike vote, then send them a big, loud, unified message. Until then, fly the contract. Nothing more, nothing less. Be safe.

Ted Striker said:
Teddy, that's sweet. I have read your posts and that is what drew me to my earlier conclusion. To suggest that ASA management was conducting good business practices and being smart negotiators is beyond laughable. Sounds like standard airline management BS to me, in case you missed my Harvard MBA reference (not at this airline, I suppose). As far as putting our heads together and figuring out what we can do: not much to do except wait for the strike vote, then send them a big, loud, unified message. Until then, fly the contract. Nothing more, nothing less. Be safe.
Exactly, fly the contract. But we need everyone to do this. Hopefully, as we finish off the year and get into next year, more and more pilots will start to follow suite on this one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back