ASA getting RJ 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MedFlyer said:
Except that there is no payscale for the plane at mainline, so there would be no one to fly the plane.

DAL management is more than welcomed to enter into discussion on that payscale. Just curious, but is there a payscale in your PWA for a 79 seat jet?

~~~^~~~ said:
FDJ2:
So you see no relation between your scope and the number of 50 seat RJ's Delta has? You, my friend, are disingenuous. I would call you an idiot, but I'm pretty sure you know what ALPA's intent was and are just taking a stab at misleading others. </p>

Ah Fins, the typical bait and switch. First you state incorrectly that the DAL PWA prevents DAL from operating as many aircraft of what ever size it wants, then when you are called on it you change the argument to imply that DALPA forced DAL to buy 100s of inefficient and now obsolete 50 seaters. That's rediculous. No one forced DAL to buy too many CRJ50s, that's a failed business plan that management can take full credit for.

The fact remains Fins that you were wrong again, but instead of fessing up like a man, you change the argument and throw in your manadatory jab and spin.

ALPA's intent was to limit the outsourcing of DAL jobs, if Delta wanted more 70 seaters we had plenty of pilots willing and able to fly them right here at DAL.

Last edited:
"Seems to be working for the mainline to fly the EMB-175 at Air Canada, I see no reason it could not be repeated at Delta."

Don't forget the exchange rate, ehhh....buahahaaaaaaaaa

Mookie

~~~^~~~ said:
You mean Freedom, don't you? Of course, maybe he is talking about the E170 / E190's at Chaupublimidatlantic Air Express.

Freedom doesn't have any 900's on the certificate.. they were put back on the Mesa certificate years ago.. the only thing on the current Freedom side are the MCO ERJ's and a few 1900's out west..

I don't really care who gets the d--n airplane. However, if mainline does sell its soul to get a few already antiquated 900's ( double stretched CRJ 200's ) I definitely want to be there when the first Delta mainline pilots have to walk out on the ramp, climb those ridiculously steep stairs and then slither into that narrow cockpit. The icing on the cake will be when the passengers board the a/c and someone sticks there head into the cockpit and says - are you guys ASA pilots ??

Remember guys, there is no real closet to hang that double breasted jacket either. You get to roll it up and stick it behind your seat.

How we have come full circle !

rjcap said:
I don't really care who gets the d--n airplane. However, if mainline does sell its soul to get a few already antiquated 900's ( double stretched CRJ 200's ) I definitely want to be there when the first Delta mainline pilots have to walk out on the ramp, climb those ridiculously steep stairs and then slither into that narrow cockpit. The icing on the cake will be when the passengers board the a/c and someone sticks there head into the cockpit and says - are you guys ASA pilots ??

Remember guys, there is no real closet to hang that double breasted jacket either. You get to roll it up and stick it behind your seat.

How we have come full circle !

A lot of our pilots flew single seat fighters, so I bet they will feel right at home if we get any.

Bye Bye--General Lee

ya dont say

General Lee said:
A lot of our pilots flew single seat fighters, so I bet they will feel right at home if we get any.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah we know this, just commuted in on a mad dog, and my back is still tense from the landing. Also the other day, the capt. planted a 767 in mco so hard that the old style projector came loose from the ceiling and almost lopped of an old ladys head.

sXeflyer said:
Yeah we know this, just commuted in on a mad dog, and my back is still tense from the landing. Also the other day, the capt. planted a 767 in mco so hard that the old style projector came loose from the ceiling and almost lopped of an old ladys head.

The FAA wants FIRM landings, right? Maybe we can grease one on for you in a 767-300 at Lagarbage in the snow-----right into Flushing bay..... At least you would be happy as you swam out---"Nice smooth landing...."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back