ASA getting RJ 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jehtplane said:
There is no way that yours costs will EVER be as low as ours to operate these airplanes, we have a full training department and facilities dedicated to the CRJ family. Besides who is buying these airplanes, Skywest or Delta? I feel for you guys , I really do, but why should you have any say whatsoever as to what airplanes ASA, Skywest, Mesa, X-jet, or any other regional fly?

We shouldn't, but when its flown in DL colors, it is subject to the DL pilots' PWA!

N2264J said:
But what is truly bazaar is reading the mainline pikers who, to this day, continue to rationalize and justify this horribly failed policy and defend their MEC's actions as if they are on the right side of the issue.

737 Pylt said:
We shouldn't, but when its flown in DL colors, it is subject to the DL pilots' PWA!

See what I mean? This "your-livelihood-is-subject-to-our-contract-which-we-alone-will-negotiate" attitude does not, in our view, meet the federal standard of equal and fair representation.

Making the union irrelevant by destroying the "collective" bargaining process dooms us all, every single pilot, to management's whipsaw.

Last edited:
737 Pylt said:

I believe that the Flying is OWNED by DAL (that is Delta Airlines, not to be confused with Delta pilots who think they own the airline). JG (CEO) can Farm the flying out if he and the Shareholders believe it will make them money. The DAL PWA can be voided at any minute and if you think it can't, well look what Leo Millions did with the Force Majore (sp). But you understand. It is total Economics here now. If DAL pilots can fly it cheaper, they will get it. If DCI can (most likely) fly cheaper then they will get it. It gets even more Cut Throat when DCI is pitted against one another.

Hey 737 crybaby why dont you do us all a favor and leave. None of us need to here you cry and whine. What are you going to do? Start a new thread to get everyone against me??? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

atlcrashpad said:
I believe that the Flying is OWNED by DAL (that is Delta Airlines, not to be confused with Delta pilots who think they own the airline). JG (CEO) can Farm the flying out if he and the Shareholders believe it will make them money. The DAL PWA can be voided at any minute and if you think it can't, well look what Leo Millions did with the Force Majore (sp). But you understand. It is total Economics here now. If DAL pilots can fly it cheaper, they will get it. If DCI can (most likely) fly cheaper then they will get it. It gets even more Cut Throat when DCI is pitted against one another.

Tell that to the bankruptcy judge chief. She is incharge now. The company cannot go against her wishes, and only labor can say no and actually strike. She even told our CFO that she wouldn't stop one. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point, though.

As far as who will fly what, the judge questioned the company about why the 79 seaters couldn't be flown by mainline pilots. Then she brought the same thing up the next day, that the 79 seaters to DCI would be used to "outsource" Delta pilots. If this comes down to the judge deciding who will get what, it will be interesting to see what she does. You think about it. The company and creditors are NOT incharge anymore, Prudence Beatty is. She wants us to negotiate first and foremost, but if that doesn't happen, then she will decide. She even threatened the Delta lawyer when he said they wouldn't be "agreeable" to an extension of talks. She said "then you won't like what I do next........" The next day he didn't even ask any questions, letting his cohort ask them.....

Dalpa just offered a new offer to the company----200 total 70 seat RJs. No talk about 79 or anything larger. We'll see........

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back