• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA getting RJ 900's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please don't let those planes come here DALPA! I would like to work for a career airline someday! Draw a line in the sand now!

Joe Merchant - Thank you.
General - This fight is over representation, not scope directly. And even ou must admit, ALPA, is trying to shift jobs on a current aircraft order from one group of pilots to another. As our only representative, ASA pilots have every right to be unhappy about what our representative is trying to do.
fr285 - Those airplanes are already here. It is the exact same type I'm getting on to go fly in a few minutes.

rf285 said:
Please don't let those planes come here DALPA! I would like to work for a career airline someday! Draw a line in the sand now!

rf285,

1. There is no legal entity called "DALPA". We can use the term "DALPA" for clarification purposes, but legally there is only one bargaining agent for BOTH ASA and DAL. That bargaining agent is ALPA. It has a Duty of Fair Representation for BOTH ASA and DAL pilots.

2. For some of us, ASA is a "career airline" and we would like to improve that career HERE at ASA. If you want to work somewhere else, please fill out an application at your "career airline" of choice. Then we will both be happy. Use caution however as the "career airline" of choice isn't what it once was.

Joe

rf285 said:
It may be the same type, but all of them belong at mainline! Fire away!

It was this flawed logic of "mainline" and "regional" that got us in this pickle in the first place. Your trying to push this camel back in the tent, and it is way too late for that. All airplanes should be "mainline", however egos and flawed bargaining practices, with a dash of myopia has neutered ALPA.

Granted, we can't put the airframes on property back into pandora's box. That would be unfair to people who's jobs depend on them, but new aircraft (CRJ900/705 or all ERJ 170 family) should go to mainline. IMHO

~~~^~~~ said:
Joe Merchant - Thank you.
General - This fight is over representation, not scope directly. And even ou must admit, ALPA, is trying to shift jobs on a current aircraft order from one group of pilots to another.

Fins you are full of crap. As you yourself pointed out in another threat, those aircraft will still go to ASA without any scope changes, they will just be flown with 70 seats. No one at the Delta MEC has any ideas that those aircraft will come here, no matter what happens.

Besides, is that how it works now? Order aircraft that don't fit the scope clause and then by virtue of the fact that they are on order we have to let em go?

JoeMerchant said:
General Lee,

If you study ALPA history, you will see that ALPA is on the hook for any mistakes made by local MECs. Look at the Duke/Spellacy lawsuit.

Joe, if you did your homework, you'd know that ALPA won that lawsuit as a matter of law. The only guys who walked away with any money were the lawyers and the Duke plaintiffs who settled out of court.

I think the DL attorney is mixed up. Thse 900's would be Mesa planes. Since they were the launch customer for the 900 they made an agreement that their planes come first off the line and they have them on order.

michael707767 said:
Fins you are full of crap. As you yourself pointed out in another threat, those aircraft will still go to ASA without any scope changes, they will just be flown with 70 seats. No one at the Delta MEC has any ideas that those aircraft will come here, no matter what happens.

Michael: ALPA forced too many 50 seat RJ's on Delta through their arbitrary scope. I thought everyone would agree that Delta over committing to 50 seaters was a bad thing. Now, ALPA seeks to do the same with the 70 seater. As I wrote elsewhere, I have no problem with the CR709's going to Delta. My problem is that my union is negotiating against my pilots in Court. That is bad faith and a complete failure of ALPA's fiduciary duty to my pilot group.

Latest resources

Back