• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Getting 8 CRJ700, and Keeping 8 Additional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What ASA is doing is bargaining for a contract that doesn't sellout its SKYW or Comair brothers and sisters.

You listen to too many flamers on this board. The majority of ASA pilots don't want to grow at anyone else's expense. We are PROVING that by not bending over for growth.

ASA pilots are bargaining (or should be) for what is best for ASA pilots. I hardly think United's pilots (or Delta, or Northwest or anyone else) cares about anything but negotiating for their self preservation.

blucher - how are you not going to fly the comair 700s?

did you refuse to fly the 100s during the strike?

if you refuse - pretty sure you will get fired

49W hit the nail on the head, that is one easy way to do it. And in answer to your question CRJSkipper, no, I did not fly any of the Comair 100's either. Also, it would seem to me that as long as you have a valid reason for refusing an aircraft, as a captain, that is your prerogative, hence the 4th stripe.

-Blucher

Things just don't seem to be getting any better then when I left years ago!! Good luck to all you guys. Everyone deserves so much better and i hope one day it happens. I miss my airline days, but cant seem to convince myself to come back yet.

All,

Just for the record, no airplanes have been transferred from Comair, yet! And, there is a good chance that none will be if a consensual agreement is reached the last week of January. So--hold the venom and spit until you see the planes on the ramp!

You guys are doing exactly what these mgmt. tools want you to do--fight like cats in a barrel! Stop it! These different airline mgmt. groups are all working in concert to drive costs down that affects us all. They are playing the game better than we are. The tide has to change but spewing venom at each other is counterproductive!

The best course of action at this point is to support the Comair pilots in whatever decision and actions they take in the coming weeks. Their fate is our fate! It's time to turn the tide on the opportunists mgmt. pukes that would take your last dime--just for the fun of it!

All,

Just for the record, no airplanes have been transferred from Comair, yet! And, there is a good chance that none will be if a consensual agreement is reached the last week of January. So--hold the venom and spit until you see the planes on the ramp!

Just for the record, the first two are supposed to go into service in mid Jan. out of CVG. The last week of Jan. will be a little late. I think they are coming here.

When will there be some dang upgrades for attrition????? Even the last prelim, almost all the awards were just Captains moving around seats.

That is correct....ASA is shrinking, and only hiring to cover the overwhelming rate of F/O attrition, which is exceeding management's planned shrinkage rate.

The "16 new airplanes in 2007" spin by management is an evil distortion of the truth. By exploiting the Stockholm Syndrome, they expect the stupid pilots to giggle with glee as we continue the plunge. It is a tactic aimed only at saving the huge cost of training, since pilots are leaving in record numbers.

Captain attrition is much lower, and there have been NO "new" captain upgrades in over a year. That rate of attrition matches the planned shrinkage of the airline.

The truth is ASA will lose 5-8 airplanes in 2007, yet still needs new F/O's to cover attrition.

I don't believe there will be any new captain awards in 2007, as 4 net gain CR700's, even if we do get them, will easily be covered by the displaced SLC crews.

Exactly my belief....and fear. While they make this announcement like some glimmer of great news, ASA will see no upgrades whatsoever last year or next, while Skywest will probably have 200-300 or maybe more!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back