ASA Getting 8 CRJ700, and Keeping 8 Additional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASA_Aviator

Just announced. Sorry Comair. It's a shame to see things like this happening.

But, NOT sorry SkyWest, you didn't deserve our 700s.

To Clarify, we are getting 8 (out of the 12) Comair CRJ 700s, and keeping 8 of the ones slated to go to SKYW.

LaBrecque: ASA gains 8 additional CRJ700s, ceases transfer of 8 others 12/20/2006 Last month I shared with you that Delta Air Lines had awarded SkyWest, Inc. 12 additional CRJ700s for operation out of Cincinnati. In that decision, Delta gave SkyWest, Inc. authority to determine which of its two wholly-owned airlines, SkyWest Airlines, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, or both, would fly these CRJ700 aircraft.

Today, I’m excited to share with you that SkyWest, Inc. has decided that eight of those 12 CRJ700s will be operated by ASA out of CVG. The first two aircraft will be delivered in January with two more coming in February and the final four arriving in March. Each aircraft is scheduled to be in service within approximately two weeks of delivery, after required modifications are made to comply with ASA’s operations specifications by our Maintenance and Engineering team.

Separately, ASA began transferring 12 CRJ700 aircraft to SkyWest Airlines earlier this year for operation out of Salt Lake City. To date, a total of four ASA CRJ700s have been transferred. But Delta’s decision to reduce plans for CRJ700 flying in SLC means ASA will cease transfer of these aircraft to SkyWest Airlines by the end of 2006, allowing us to keep the remaining eight aircraft that were originally scheduled to transfer in 2007.

So what does all of this mean for our company? It means that instead of shrinking like we had anticipated in 2007, we are now scheduled to grow, thanks to our dedication to improving operational performance and our ability to absorb additional aircraft into our operation from a staffing perspective. It means we’re not only growing our CRJ700 fleet by the eight additional aircraft that will fly out of CVG, but we will also be retaining eight CRJ700s that were scheduled to leave our fleet in 2007, resulting in a net increase of 16 CRJ700s in 2007.

There is a lot of work ahead of us to ensure we continue on this path of growth. I know I’ve asked a lot from ASA people across the company to reduce overhead costs while improving performance and reliability. Today, the hard work and often extraordinary efforts of ASA employees to meet these requests continue to pay off. Thank you for what you do every day for ASA, our operation, and for each other.

-Bryan

Let me guess since ASA got the comair flying its ok because ASA is Alpa?

If I were skywest pilots I would be pretty angry and Jerry because of this. Especially because they were promised more growth and ASA had done nothing but spit in Skywests Face.

Good news for ASA?!?!?!?!? If this is true I'm liable to hit the floor- hopefully the news keeps on coming and we get a contract in early January!

To the Comair pilots:
I personally never wanted, nor do I now want your CR7s. You guys are getting hosed just like we got hosed in SLC, except we lost 5? CR7s to Skywest. The pilots that I have spoken with at ASA have shared this same sentiment.
Later,
Snappahead

Let me guess since ASA got the comair flying its ok because ASA is Alpa?

If I were skywest pilots I would be pretty angry and Jerry because of this. Especially because they were promised more growth and ASA had done nothing but spit in Skywests Face.
Where did you learn how to form a snetnece. Pay attention in your 3rd grade class tomorrow.

Maybe opening up training resources to take on the NWA flying. I still don't think SKYW should or will get the NWA flying but this could hint otherwise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back