• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Getting 8 CRJ700, and Keeping 8 Additional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems that it only makes sense to fly these eastern routes with ASA. What does that say for the Northwest flying everyone is waiting for wouldnt most of that likely go to ASA too if awarded to Skywest Inc.?

Probably not. ORD is farther east than MSP. I doubt NW would give flying to anybody but their two stepchildren.

You spent 10 years at SkyWest and now your at southwalmartWest? Stick to your lcc walmart carrier threads. Delta, United, and all the other real Airlines wouldn't be in such a pickle if it weren't for trailer park wn undercutting everyone in the early 90's. wn started the slide. Delta and the rest do what they can to remedy the slide. Brothers at ASA? I have two blood brothers and I don't go to church with anyone from ASA.

Oh, and let me guess Nightrain....YOU would NOT take a job if offered by SWA?:rolleyes: You are one lying b@stard!!

I dunno CFIT, you said OO was getting all 12 of the Comair Jets. Your source is slipping....

Jerry has been wanting to add another codeshare contract for a long time and with all the aircraft supposedly going one place it would not happen fast enough. I am glad that ASA is retaining most of what they had and getting some increase although I am not taking any pleasure on the pressures for Comair. SkyWest MX is still on to develop a large MX base in CVG which you can read into that many different ways. The ramp up for the supposedly new carrier is expected to happen quickly and our training resources are being spread too thin as it is. Training assets are difficult to find and from what I hear ASA has reclaimed most of their sim time at ATL. Comair is using most of their time at their home base primarily due to attrition from what has been said to be reaching 45 a month. Our training classes of 70 every three weeks was supposed to go to the beginning of April and is now on plans to go to Jan of 08'.

I wouldn't say this all over yet.

Last edited:
Comair MTX

FWIW - Comair's mtx group has recently opened a MRO facility here in CVG. Air Canada Jazz has just contracted a small amount of work for heavy checks and such on a Jazz aircraft with more to come (maybe).

I don't think it's a stretch to say that SKW and EV will get the big (all?) chunk of the RFP, fly it to/through CVG, and OH mtx and c/s folks will handle the passengers and a/c. SKW may not need to open a mtx base in CVG - they just may contract w/OH (what's left of it that is) for the mtx services.

I can obviously understand why we (ASA) are happy about not losing more 70s; but, why are some people on this board giddy about getting Comair's 70s...while they are getting shafted? This industry is truely starting go downhill.

I can obviously understand why we (ASA) are happy about not losing more 70s; but, why are some people on this board giddy about getting Comair's 70s...while they are getting shafted? This industry is truely starting go downhill.

This is what i dont understand. ASA guys were jumping all over SkyW folk for taking 12 700s. Now they are keeping their 700s and taking 700s from Comair. Why arent Comair guys yelling like ASA guys? Taking airplanes is taking airplanes. It sucked when SkyW was doing it and now it sucks that ASA is doing it. But everyone seems ok with ASA doing it. ah, whatever. This goes to show there is no loyalty anywhere in this industry. It is definitely ME first whether you're at ASA, CMR, or SkyW.

I'm glad that ASA is getting the majority. They deserve it, although it still sucks for Comair. I had an ASA guy in my jumpseat the other day, 5+ years and had been downgraded. I hope this means he can re-upgrade soon. Good luck guys.

I'm sure his counterpart at CMR who will now down-grade feels better now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back