• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Getting 8 CRJ700, and Keeping 8 Additional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, ASA did not bid to undercut Comair wages to get these aircraft. The pilot group had zero involvement in this transfer of aircraft.

so how is this different than Gojet? seems the same to me....and no i dont work there.....its just an observation

its seems everyone is eager to stick it to everyone else.......and then call names and assign fake blame....it seems standard in the regionals....I dont see any pilot group more guilty or innocent than another....and no im not bashing ASA.....but it seems that SKW can be awarded ALL the flying in the US , yet not get the same rap as Gojet...at least Gojet has a union now....do these guys as SKYW want it all?

Why do you guys think the pilots alone decide what code shares regionals get and what airplanes they're going to fly? Management negotiates and decides this stuff. Not pilots, not mechanics, not flight attendants, not rampers. Why is that so hard to understand? Everyone in the company is at the mercy of the decisions that are made by executives, whose job it is to do make those decisions. Your job is to fly an airplane from A to B, not buy airplanes or negotiate code shares.

Just imagine if management put as much effort into running a good company as they do into transferring airplanes, RFP's, and slashing pilot wages. Management is positively the worst thing to happen to aviation.

type rated without a job........too bad

You're right, what was I thinking??

I'm sure glad Pan Am is hiring! Can't wait to get that 707 FE seat so I can stroll through the terminal with 3 "stews" like Leo DiCockreo.

Maybe if I close my eyes and wish hard enough, it might be 1967 again.

Now click your heels together 3 times and say "There's no place like pre deregulation legacy carriers, there's no place like pre deregulation legacy carriers, there's no place like pre deregulation legacy carriers....."

You and your 737 type rating are the only ones clicking heels, wishing you were flying for Walmart. Maybe next round of interviews they will take you, then again maybe not. LOL have fun with your type rating applying elsewhere.

ASA pilots deserve nothing. It's hilarious how it is NOT okay for ASA to have there flying "stolen" but it IS OKAY for them to "steal" some flying. Hypocrites...I wish Mesa owned you.

Last edited:
The CMR guys didn't care about how their concessions would affect our negotiations at ASA, so why should we care if we get some of their 70s? Sorry, but I am happy about the growth. I still remember the CMR sticker we got just before they stabbed us in the back.

I suppose it OK then, that instead of SKYW getting the 12 70s, ASA is getting the CMR planes (plus their own back)--much better that way, keeping the flying in the union family. Maybe now people can start the scumbag ASA pilots posts about their stealing and moving flying from a union carrier...

NO, the only peeps saying scumbag ASA will be skywest drivers.

ASA pilots deserve nothing. It's hilarious how it is NOT okay for ASA to have there flying "stolen" but it IS OKAY for them to "steal" some flying. Hypocrites...I wish Mesa owned you.

On another note this will make more sense in the overall scheme of things to everyone once they read a certain press release.

When sill this press release be? I hope it is not what I think it is. This is such BS. If you guys had industry average 70-90 seat pay you would not be getting this flying. Management is giving you guys this flying because of low 76 seat pay and no union. It is a reward for being easily bent over.

You and your 737 type rating are the only ones clicking heels, wishing you were flying for Walmart. Maybe next round of interviews they will take you, then again maybe not. LOL have fun with your type rating applying elsewhere.

Yo, now dat's sum funny shinizit.

Get a clue Nightbrain, he's been on property at SWA for over a year.

Sounds like you're the one who might be "waiting for the next round" A bit bitter are we?

Why do you guys think the pilots alone decide what code shares regionals get and what airplanes they're going to fly? Management negotiates and decides this stuff. Not pilots, not mechanics, not flight attendants, not rampers. Why is that so hard to understand?

because all of the morons the cry and moan on this board are operating with a 3rd grade level of understanding when it comes to competition, the free market, and the future of the industry.

on another note, look for SkyWest to add a 4th partner is 2007. You heard it here first.

Latest resources

Back