• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Furlough Fund

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know, I am trying to. It is hard when someone keeps saying something that isn't true or misquotes me or says something again that has already been addressed. I have just been concerned with this fire spreading around to other people by word of mouth who arn't going to be able to hear my defense on here. Because the people who spread things about me that do not know me surely arn't going to also spread my explinations to other people to let them decide for themselve, thus leaving an entire pilot group with a one sided story about what a horrible person I must be when I am not around to defend myself. That is why I dug in so hard and have been countering every punch i have been handed to limit the number of people who go from here to the cockpit with one sided stories. But you are right, I have said enough and I will do my best not to bring it up anymore. I hope I am not put in a position to defend myself anymore. Thank you to those who have understood

James!!

The best way to man up about this is to shut up about this!!!

The horse is dead and the flies are buzzing!!

Do not respond to this post!!

I totally understand what you are saying, however, I'm not sure there is much to learn here, so much as there is a point to be had. It seems people are only really willing to get involved and educated when there is a contract at stake. Contracts are a major slice of the pie, but not the whole deal. There is always something going on with the union- PBS for example. The blast mail, website, and forums should have alerted people that this vote was out there. I know people have been talking about it- ops was buzzing with the talk regarding the vote. However, I think the bulk of people took an apathetic attitude towards it- if it passes, it passes........if it doesn't, it doesn't.

You are spot on though- if it is that big a deal, and the discourse is this prevelent, we need to review the ballots cast, and exclude those that are to recieve the aid. I'm still of the impression it would pass, however.

Hmm, with all due respect, where have you been? Last I checked, the information was on all of those places you mentioned.

Last edited:
Hmm, with all due respect, where have you been? Last I checked, the information was on all of those places you mentioned.

Hey Speedtape- reread it now that you're not tired. That's what I'm saying happened, and if people were not informed via the above methods, then there is no helping them. All this stuff should have been sufficient.

Hey Speedtape- reread it now that you're not tired. That's what I'm saying happened, and if people were not informed via the above methods, then there is no helping them. All this stuff should have been sufficient.

I just reread your post. The statement regarding the blast mail and forums could be read 2 different ways, especially since there was not alot of other corroborating statements supporting it. With this post, I now understand what you were saying.

When I read it, initially, it sounded as though you may have meant that the information was not out there and but that those methods "should" have communicated it, but the communication may have been void of the information.

What you were really saying was that the information was out there, but most did not engage to retrieve it.

Thanks for clearing that up

James,

I'll vouch for your character and work ethic like you claimed many would in a post above. BUT...you need to really just fade into the backround now and STOP TYPING!!! You are going to do irreversible damage to your character if yo keep this up, and when you get back people are not going to forget.
We get it, now. You voted, and we all see the reason why. Some agree with you, some don't. Personally, I believe the ALPA rep "meant" that someone about to be furloughed, or on the list, could not vote. (Or should not) Not simply one already furloughed and out the door. It simply does not matter now. Just quite typing on this issue and people will forget.

And, for the love of god and all that is holy, PLEASE capitalize the first darn letter of a sentence and the letter I.

What are the ALPA regulations on voting discrepancies? I am not as familiar with the particulars on these matters. Do such discrepancies need to be significant enough to have affected the outcome of a vote before they merit a recount or additional referendum?
I highly agree with the previous poster that stated that this has seriously blemished ALPAs character in the eyes of this pilot group. If they brush this issue under the rug without even acknowledging the error in their ways, I would have no trouble in understanding why there was only a 20% turnout in this election.

Forced Charity is wrong. It is practically welfare.
When you start forcing people to pay for programs like this, taxing them for having a job, it is no wonder that people aren't going to give a flip about anything having to do with their union representation.

Exhibit A: 67% of U.S. voters have more confidence in their own judgment than they do in the average member of Congress.
Exhibit B: Forty-four percent (44%) voters also think a group of people selected at random from the phone book would do a better job addressing the nation’s problems than the current Congress, but 37% disagree. Twenty percent (20%) are undecided.
-both pulled from a recent Rasmussen Poll
source

If our MEC were to have an approval poll, I would be curious to see the results given the last voter turnout.

"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips it's hand"
-Bodie Thoene

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back