Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
AFA at ASA is about to sign onto PBS. They sent a letter to all FAs telling them how great PBS is and how they'll all be able to hold the same schedule they currently hold.

Apparently the company offered AFA "everything they were asking for" in exchange for PBS, and the AFA Chairwoman (JB) and CNC fell over themselves to take the bait.

I wonder how this will affect us when we "meet and confer" on PBS?

Discuss...

it wasnt like this wasnt expected to come. pbs will come but maybe now the fa's will hammer out the bugs. they still have to honor our work rules, and there will be some kind of 'gain' for it.

i wouldnt call it sell out, if they are happy with it then so be it, most of the airline world uses it, i dont see how it could make our delta schedule any worse

AFA at ASA is about to sign onto PBS. They sent a letter to all FAs telling them how great PBS is and how they'll all be able to hold the same schedule they currently hold.

Apparently the company offered AFA "everything they were asking for" in exchange for PBS, and the AFA Chairwoman (JB) and CNC fell over themselves to take the bait.

I wonder how this will affect us when we "meet and confer" on PBS?

Discuss...

Good for the FA's. If they got everything they wanted, anyways. It still will NOT affect the pilots. All that's stated in OUR Contract is that we will DISCUSS it. That's it. If the FA's, Dispatchers or whoever else want to sign off on it, that's their prerogative. We still don't have to get it, it will be up to the Company to sell it well. I for one will not even look at it unless the parameters set in it are favorable to Pilots.

Trojan

I believe that PBS is coming, regardless of whether the FA's want or get it. Sure, it's discussed at length in the new pilot contract. However, if the pilot group is put in a position where they have to choose between PBS and new flying, or, worse, to keep existing flying, welll, that's a done deal.

Recognizing the probability of PBS coming, it would make sense for the pilot group to take the lead on the topic. Let's go out and get the PBS that works for the pilot group, not the cheapest one that only works to 'enhance the efficiency' of the pilot group. In exchange for PBS, we should then get something that we want.

The company's primary issue for the next contract is PBS. Will they get it? Maybe. Everything is negotiable. I just hope they pay dearly for it.

SKYW is the cheeapest out there, they jammed an untried, untested PBS into the pilots butz. It still does not work that well, 2+ years later. The top 10% pretty much get what they want, everyone else gets left overs. Don't do it for any reason, no matter what is promised. SKYWs version has no transparency and you seniority is/will be chit.
PBR

My thoughts on PBS.....

1. It isn't a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN and WHAT IN RETURN....This is a window of opportunity to address the scope issue....

2. PBS does solve the issue of integration....No more integration...

3. PBS does hurt those of us who enjoy turning one week of vacation into 3 weeks......

4. Based on what it does to vacation, I am not a fan of PBS.....However in the current environment I am more than willing to leverage it for the even more pressing issue of job security.....

I'm new here, what is PBS?

Preferential Bidding system as opposed to a hard line system we have now in place at ASA. It is way too complicated to go into details about PBS. I don't know too much about it, so hopefully somebody else can provide better insight?

Trojan

Latest resources

Back