Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy the slowest gate agents/rampers and actual jetbridge speed on earth. Enjoy being de-iced over 50% of the time during winter. Enjoy the permanent overcast layer there in the winter. Enjoy waiting for a gate when there are 5 open ones but ramp control only wants you to go to C21. Other than that it's awsome here.

Who cares? We get paid by the minute don't we? Overblock baby! I'd much rather do that flying nice equipment like the 700/900 on nice long legs during nice high block trips with nice overnights than do this 6 legs for 5 hrs credit crap in ATL with a 9hr overnight in BFE all month long on the POS 200 for min guarantee.

DTW Here I come!

Who cares? We get paid by the minute don't we? Overblock baby! I'd much rather do that flying nice equipment like the 700/900 on nice long legs during nice high block trips with nice overnights than do this 6 legs for 5 hrs credit crap in ATL with a 9hr overnight in BFE all month long on the POS 200 for min guarantee.

DTW Here I come!

I enjoy overblocking too. Just remember that statement on the last day/last leg of your 4 day trying to commute home.

What prevents the company from building the same lines? If the company sets the parameters and builds the trips, then I don't see how they would be different.

4 things are causing this:

1. Bidding for flying based on cost.

2. Cost of Naps based on our contract.

3. Reduction of stage lengths for the 50.

4. Inability to swap 50s for 70s/90s.

1 and 3 are Delta decisions period. 2 was a decision we made. 4 is something our union has dictated.....

Joe I think you need to consider that you're missing staffing as a critical issue. Staffing is not where it needs to be and has not been since the day Brad took over. You can make all the excuses for him you want, but we can easily afford to hire enough pilots to staff the airline at acceptable levels. Management just chooses not to, and then tells us they were "caught off guard". You might respect Brad as a businessman, and I think he's an OK one and probably overrated, but which side of the fence are you on? Even if you say you're on the the side of "good business," this crap isn't good business. Good business isn't what's going to force the inevitable "Summer 2007" this summer.

Despite what you and Team Brad might think, "Good business" is not just how much you can squeeze the labor group before it backfires. It's a fine balance and Brad wouldn't know fine balance if it jumped up and bit him in his backside. The main thing he's got going for him is our MEC, though.

Enough is enough.

Last edited:

DTW Here I come!

See, because of guys like this I believe there will be enough people going for DTW without displacing too many "IF" it's actually going to happen. A lot of folks have a hard-on for the CR7/9....

See, because of guys like this I believe there will be enough people going for DTW without displacing too many "IF" it's actually going to happen. A lot of folks have a hard-on for the CR7/9....

I think it's less of a hard on for the CR7/9 and more of a desire to not do the crap the 200 does anymore. 5-6 legs a day (sometimes more) with layovers in Monroe, LA can get old. The CR7/9 out of DTW will be better than the 200 on the junior side in ATL. Esp for the newly hired, single guys/gals who will be able to afford living in the DTW suburbs area about the same as in ATL. The junior guys on the 700 in ATL are probably better off where they are.

PBS has nothing to do with how the pairings were made. It only decides who they're given out to. ASA is losing money at the moment. Understand that the ASA operation is not profitable. Why? Probably because of our Maintenance department, but more so because Delta just lowered our fee for departure.

The only travesty of PBS is that it reduces the need for staffing and upgrades.

PBS has nothing to do with how the pairings were made. It only decides who they're given out to. ASA is losing money at the moment. Understand that the ASA operation is not profitable. Why? Probably because of our Maintenance department, but more so because Delta just lowered our fee for departure.

The only travesty of PBS is that it reduces the need for staffing and upgrades.

Why would you think that PBS wouldn't affect pairing construction? I'm just surprised that people would expect that it wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back