• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASACRJFlyer

The rumors seem to be intensifying about ASA opening a Detroit base and while a lot of info on here ends up being BS, this rumor sounds like it may actually happen. So here are some questions, I'm curious to see what FI'ers think ...

How do folks on here see this all playing out? How junior will it go? Does this mean if a recently upgraded captain doesn't want to go to DTW, he'll have no choice but to go back to the right seat? Will the base be a 700/900 base or will we have the 200's there as well? Will the merger have any effect on the new base? How are we going to staff a new base when we can barely cover the flying we have right now. (In a related question, why are we not hiring more than 24 when we can barely staff our lightest month of February and we have 4 more 700's coming online, imagine what the summer is going to look like?) And if you don't think were understated, I know a Captain who just got tagged for a 6 day. He said they could do it if there were no other reserves available.

Thoughts???

I can't even tell you how pissed I'll be if this causes another round of displacements. It's time to walk. This place isn't worth it by any stretch of the imagination.

Hypothetically:

You're going to be angry with ASA for putting a base where the flying is?

Whatever ends up happening, I wish they would hurry up and get the vacancy bid out one way or the other. This DTW thing sure has a lot of steam right now. It has that same sort of feel that the United deal had before they announced it. We will see.....

Last edited:
You bet your ass there will be displacements. There is no growth, just shifting of flying. That means a reduction in CR7/9 in ATL. Reduction = Displacement

Fantastic signature ^^^^. Will flack jackets and hollowpoints be provided for the displaced?

From what I'm hearing from SH thru people that have been in recurrent is that the DTW base is highly likely and awaiting final numbers from Delta. About half of the ATL 700/900 flying will be shifted to DTW. 90 crews(180 pilots) base. Senior 700/900 bubbas are gunna be pissed. Oh well, that's just how it goes when you're employed by a contractor, not mainline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back