Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would the company built lines look with these pairings?

Better than PBS will allow. Probably loads of crappy 4 days. But probably only 4 in a month, not 4 and a few day lines or a three day like we are going to get.

How would the company built lines look with these pairings?

I would bet we would have far more than 30 something CDOs, for a start. You forget that PBS (without effective protections) will result in a ton more people who are flying at 10 or 11 days off. I am not sure you realize how many people are going to be dropped into "select all remaining pairings" next month, given the extremely unacceptable pairings we see now.

Our PBS agreement gives the company a much greater degree of power in terms of screwing around with the type and distribution of pairings it builds for us. It will be easy for them to simply make us plug in completely impossible pairings, so that many of us simply cannot complete a line without dropping into "select all remaining pairings."

So, now we are looking at a situation in which the company can throw complete crap in one end, and screw a huge percentage of our pilots out of most or all of preferences on the other end. Why would you need practically any reserves when you can create such crappy pairings that 40 or 50 percent of our pilots get dropped into "select all remaining" and you can work them at 10 days off, on any days of the week you wish?

-Crew planning's wet dream has finally been achieved, and damn, if we didn't bend over backwards to sell this steaming pile of monkey excrement to our pilot group!

-There are no effective limits on what the company can throw into this system. Even you may find your super-senior self at min days off soon, Joe.. (I know our weak-ass agreement won't provide any protections against that eventuality) It could get that bad, I $hit you not.

Last edited:
Better than PBS will allow. Probably loads of crappy 4 days. But probably only 4 in a month, not 4 and a few day lines or a three day like we are going to get.

What prevents the company from building the same lines? If the company sets the parameters and builds the trips, then I don't see how they would be different.

4 things are causing this:

1. Bidding for flying based on cost.

2. Cost of Naps based on our contract.

3. Reduction of stage lengths for the 50.

4. Inability to swap 50s for 70s/90s.

1 and 3 are Delta decisions period. 2 was a decision we made. 4 is something our union has dictated.....

I would be all for eliminating Rigs for nap lines. It benefits only about 20-35 pilots on the 200, (or used to) but it helps decrease EVERYBODY'S QOL

Don't let the door hit'ya in the @$$...Time for some of you big talkers to put your money where your mouth is...Either quit or shut your pie hole...

Joe, you're such a company suck-up pr!ck. Every f'ing thread, its the same tired "defend the company (no matter how bad QOL gets for the pilots), blame ALPA" bullsh!t.

Here's what I look forward to... Being able to put my money where my mouth is when the next round of hiring begins so I can leave and never look back. I hope and pray that those of us who still want to move on to bigger and better carriers are able to do just that. You'll still be here at ASA, defending management even while they continue to take your QOL and flush it further down the toilet. You stay here at ASA and rot for all I care,Poppascrewuo has a special jar of KY waiting just for you. Some of us still hope to make this into a profession we can be proud of, rather than lower the bar so that we can "stay competitive" for the scraps that Delta doles out.

By the way, how did a thread that was supposed to be about the possibility of a Detroit base and the associated staffing issues get hijacked into ANOTHER thread arguing about PBS? Aren't there enough of those already?

Medeco, did Brad:

1. Decide to farm out "little airplane" flying based on cost?

2. Refuse to fly "little airplanes" because they are too "good" to fly them?

3. Decide to fly 50 on short legs?

4. Limit us to the number of 70/90 seaters we can fly?

Folks, the fact is there is plenty of blame to go around here....

ALPA is partially to blame for the fact that we have to compete for flying. ALPA is too blame for the fact that we can't replace these 50's for 70's/90's. Delta is responsible for the stage lengths and schedules.

PBS has nothing to do with this...The truth hurts...

The biggest thing Brad has decided to do, is reduce cost on the backs of the pilots. He has proven that money comes before safety, which we all know, but it is now on paper.

If the QOL is of ZERO concern to this leadership and they spit in our face on the second month of PBS then its time to play hardball.

I have been a strong advocate for realistic thoughts regarding PBS and schedules.

The month of January had livable pairings, nothing has changed from Delta, so the company has decided to save massive money on the backs of those who are directly responsible for the safety of our customers.

Brad has a choice, and so far he has chosen to stab us in the back

Enjoy the slowest gate agents/rampers and actual jetbridge speed on earth. Enjoy being de-iced over 50% of the time during winter. Enjoy the permanent overcast layer there in the winter. Enjoy waiting for a gate when there are 5 open ones but ramp control only wants you to go to C21. Other than that it's awsome here.

Are you all willing to give up a few pennies every quarter for safety? Perf Plus is a safety issue in and of itself. Why rush for a pittance...

What prevents the company from building the same lines?...
You are still asking the wrong question. It's not how the company could have built better lines with these pairings. The question is how would the company build these pairings without PBS? The answer is they couldn't. There would be too many pairings to cover in line bidding. With scheduling conflicts there would be far too many pairings in open time for the reserves to handle.

Don't let the door hit'ya in the @$$...Time for some of you big talkers to put your money where your mouth is...Either quit or shut your pie hole...

What about a third option of a lawsuit? When it came for you to "either quit" or "shut your pie hole", you managed to come up with that gem. You're being a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back