• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA, DAL almost collide in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He'll most likely keep his job. He is a great person and is the last one to deserve losing his job.

Obviously, he will get something on his record.

Assuming it was the crews fault. That, in itself is an assumption at this point.

There could be much more to the story.

Bottom line, we are all at risk to this senario, and certainly not immune to making mistakes.

Fly safe,

Medeco

I am sure they filed their NASA forms. I hope they did.

Be careful out there. I had several occasions in the ATL lately where the controllers were not clear or provided WRONG instructions. Not saying that this happened in Flight 876's case!
When I queried the ground controller in our case, he became obnoxious instead of being professional and clearing up the mistake that HE made.

Point trying to make is:
We are all humans and need to be aware that mistakes are easier to make under certain circumstances. Help each other out if you see or hear something that might lead someone on the wrong path. Oh, And keep your attitude at home!

Bottom line....Both pilots are at fault. Regardless of the situation. Before you cross any runway, you clear left, and clear right., drop what your doing and pay attention. They got to lazy in doing so it seems. We all make mistakes, and we all get lazy, but we need to continue to try to stay alert. It is a very repetitive job.

Last edited:
Bottom line....Both pilots are at fault. Regardless of the situation. Before you cross any runway, you clear left, and clear right., drop what your doing and pay attention. They got to lazy in doing so. Be careful out there.

I just can't get over all of the Monday morning quarterbacking on this website every time something bad happens, or someone screws up. Flightinfo is so amazing in that EVERY SINGLE MEMBER is an f'in aviation expert.

The NTSB and FAA should just skip their investigations and read this site. The conclusion would be out in days instead of months!!! :rolleyes:

This applies to everybody, not just in this case, so lighten up. I see FO's everyday with their heads down while crossing runways and yet they tell me they are clear. Right. Just watch out is all I'm sayn'

Never mind the new controllers in ATL have marbles in their mouths. I have to ask them to repeat what they said because it is practically ghettospeak. Add to that they're new in ATL and don't operate like the old crew (Buzz, et al) did- efficiently, and the same way every time. You have to be very careful here now. No excuse, but things have changed for the worse.

Never mind the new controllers in ATL have marbles in their mouths. I have to ask them to repeat what they said because it is practically ghettospeak. Add to that they're new in ATL and don't operate like the old crew (Buzz, et al) did- efficiently, and the same way every time. You have to be very careful here now. No excuse, but things have changed for the worse.

I agree completely, with the amount of new people in every position throughout aviation, it seems like everyone is out to get you violated. It will ultimately always end up the crews fault other then mx, since we are the one at the controls, and they just want to pass the blame onto the crew to make it go away, so just look at it that way, and watch yourself! Don't get lazy.

I like the whole, "Watch yourself! Don't get lazy... so you don't kill yourself and others" philosophy.

Or just blame others. That's usually easier.

-Brett

Even if it was the crews fault which sucks, bc ATC has screwed up the simpliest airport in the world,that doesn't mean that the ATC union guy has to be on the local news saying it was the pilots fault like he did last night!!! Way to make every person at home make another pilot joke. Very perfessional on his part. Also FYI if the tower gives you a number to call you don't have to call them back.

Does ASA have the ASAP program? If they do the crew will only get a letter in their file for 2 years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back