• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the original subject. I heard one of our Chief Pilots say that it would probably be another 2 years before our contract is settled anyway.

sleepy said:
Back to the original subject. I heard one of our Chief Pilots say that it would probably be another 2 years before our contract is settled anyway.

That'll give RJCAP plenty of time for his little revolution.

wms,

You think there is even a possibility of a TA this Fall? How much money would you like to place on that? I'll give till New Years. Any amount of cash, you decide.

Back to my original point. I know a strike is not around the corner (wms, don't get your panties in a wad). I believe in sending management a clear message that they need to negotiate in good faith and take us seriously or face the consequenses. As long as things go relatively smooth on the flight line, then management will drag this out forever. Also, I never said to sabatage the ramp, I said to just do your job and nothing else. There is a big difference there.

I said MAYBE in the fall. The point is it's in the future, and a strike vote likely won't happen until after a TA is considered.

As far as mgmt and us; There should be no question to the officials who observe the negotiations in the mediated talks that we will negotiate and act in good faith as always, and the company lacks integrity as always. The record will speak for itself. If we start using dirty tactics, the arbitrator or mediator will consider these things against us. If we continue to exercise integrity while the company continues to use obviously unethical and immoral tactics, it will work to our favor before the third parties in the future. And when it does come time to strike, there will be no question that we have done everything possible to work with the company and within the framework of the negotiating process, while they have used every dirty trick in the book.

This will all work to our benefit in the future just as it has in the past. Arbitrators, mediators and others have all been appalled at the behavior of the company and impressed with our commitment to negotiate in good faith, and it will payoff in the end.

Last edited:
I think Management's solution to ASA contract negotiations and what do do with Delta's furloughs and Pilot Pay is CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY.

Try negotiating a contract when Delta is in bankruptcy. That will be interesting. I think they're delaying at ASA so that the bankruptcy can happen.

Try getting the furloughs back in bankruptcy. Maybe this would be their best way to get back at Delta actually. All Delta employees are given a pay cut, debt is reduced and refinanced, costs are reduced with vendors and everywhere in the company, and the company becomes PROFITABLE<--that's a word nobody has heard at Delta in a while. Then the Delta furloughs are brought back then.

I think that Delta management will take away some of the non union members pay at Delta Airlines as well in bankruptcy to "SAVE THE COMPANY". They will say that their pay being reduced was a last resort but that it had to be done. They will say that having a union wouldn't have helped them anyways in bankruptcy, so why unionize in the future?

I believe the bankruptcy judge as a last resort will bring COMAIR and ASA's pilot, flight attendant, maintenance workers, etc. pay to right at industry average pay to "SAVE THE COMPANY". The judge will do whatever he deems appropriate because that is his job.
I do think messing with Comair and ASA's pay will be one of the LAST RESORT options though because THEY ARE PROFITABLE.

I think Delta management knows the direction they're taking the company, and I believe they think the best option for the LONG TERM SUCCESS of Delta is Chapter 11.

I think they're intentionally blowing through their cash before too much MORE DEBT is added onto their $20,000,000,000.00 they already have.

I wish the Delta employees, Delta furloughs, ASA employees including pilots in contract negotiations, and Comair employees the best of luck.

The management is bailing the ship quickly at DELTA. They're leaving left and right. I believe because they see the ship SINKING and don't wanna drown with it. Let's hope it doesn't sink too far. Many of us can't leave tomorrow and get an $8,000,000 severance package! Many of us can't afford to leave or lose our jobs at all. Let's hope we all don't join those at Delta that have lost their jobs like the Delta furloughs.

Good luck and God bless us all at Delta, and we should all be praying that things turn out well for us all,
Jet

Last edited:
jetflyer said:
The management is bailing the ship quickly at DELTA. They're leaving left and right. I believe because they see the ship SINKING and don't wanna drown with it.
The Rats often do know more about the integrity of the hull than the passengers do.

Latest resources

Back