ASA contract.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:

As far as the CR7s---I wonder what Delta will do with the recalls? They know they can't just not pay them for a long time and have them do nothing---so they will PROBABLY try to negotiate something with Dalpa---and look what ALPA National has been doing--like with USAir......and the only NEW airplanes coming are 12 CR7s this year.......

General,

What is it that you think management will "negotiate with Dalpa"?

Do you think management will put the CR7 at the mainline"? If they don't do that, how do you think you will be able to put any of your pilots, furloughed or otherwise, into those aircraft?

Tell us what exactly you would like to see happen with the CR7's and where you would like to put your furlough recalls.

The most annoying sentence in the American workplace:

"That's not my job."

My passengers have paid for a product: safe and timely transportation from point A to point B. I will give that to them to the best of my ability, no matter what it takes. It's the way I was raised and the way I have served in every job I've ever had.

Surplus1,

Well, it seems like Dalpa and managment WILL discuss it, since they agreed to it last week. What will happen is a different story. But, the management people on your side---like Terry Erskine, Fred Reid, etc---are GONE---and a new bunch is taking over with new attitudes. We shall see what they think---but they probably want to get this train back on the right track--and that will have to be done with pilot pay cuts---which will have to be done with some negotiating---which seems to lead to Dalpa--which just stated that they were ready to negotiate a recall rate. I don't think they can go back on that now---since it was released to the public. Also, I bet there are some furloughed pilots that would take your rates to fly again--until they can fly a larger plane at mainline. You just have to connect the dots here. You guys have expanded wildly over the last few years---and now some of our guys are coming back. Lacking orders for new aircraft right now at mainline---only leaves one place to put these unfortunate pilots. Maybe we will order new 100 seaters after our pay cuts---but until then I can only see them flying new CR7s. Come up with a better answer and I will listen.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Surplus1,

Also, I bet there are some furloughed pilots that would take your rates to fly again--until they can fly a larger plane at mainline. You just have to connect the dots here. You guys have expanded wildly over the last few years---and now some of our guys are coming back. Lacking orders for new aircraft right now at mainline---only leaves one place to put these unfortunate pilots. Maybe we will order new 100 seaters after our pay cuts---but until then I can only see them flying new CR7s. Come up with a better answer and I will listen.

What's to stop DL from just lettting them sit there and collect a paycheck? Some of the guys from FMII are doing just that....

When DALPA and DL mgmt finally sit down for concessions talk, it'll just be more ammo for DL mgmt. Mgmt will say you forced us tok take pilots we don't need....now it's time to pay up.

It's funny that the CR7's weren't good enough for DL mainline a few years ago...but now all of the sudden mainline wants them (or at least the General does). Once again, the General wants other employee groups to pay for his union's mistakes.

General Lee said:
Surplus1,

Well, it seems like Dalpa and managment WILL discuss it, since they agreed to it last week. What will happen is a different story. But, the management people on your side---like Terry Erskine, Fred Reid, etc---are GONE---and a new bunch is taking over with new attitudes. We shall see what they think---but they probably want to get this train back on the right track--and that will have to be done with pilot pay cuts---which will have to be done with some negotiating---which seems to lead to Dalpa--which just stated that they were ready to negotiate a recall rate. I don't think they can go back on that now---since it was released to the public. Also, I bet there are some furloughed pilots that would take your rates to fly again--until they can fly a larger plane at mainline. You just have to connect the dots here. You guys have expanded wildly over the last few years---and now some of our guys are coming back. Lacking orders for new aircraft right now at mainline---only leaves one place to put these unfortunate pilots. Maybe we will order new 100 seaters after our pay cuts---but until then I can only see them flying new CR7s. Come up with a better answer and I will listen.

I hope you guys do get 70's, just don't lower the bar.

FL000 & regionalcap,

Good lord. Go clean the aircraft bathroom or something, that's not your job either. Or better yet, next time you see management, pull down your pants and bend over. I mean why not, you're already doing that anyway.

I guess if you get treated like a bitch long enough, you start to believe it.

Medflyer,

Ok, here we go again. First of all, I never said we were "above" 70 seaters here at Delta. In fact, we should have gotten them in the first place. Secondly, all or most of the FMII guys were just given their training dates this morning---most for June 17th on the 737. There may be a hand full still not trained after that, but you get the picture. Now, you still haven't given a good idea on what to do with the extras that come in----besides telling them to sit at home and receive pay. Some might like that, but they probably are ready to get back into flying. I doubt Grinstein wants to pay them to stay home, so the next avenue is to find them seats to fly---and instead of hiring new ASA/Comair people---why not give them other seats. I bet Dalpa is looking into it, and if you look at ALPA National and their USAir policies---you might not like their way of doing things. Do I know what will ultimately happen? Nope. But, Grinstein wants pay cuts and now that Dalpa has stated in public that they intend to persue recall schedules for the furloughs---that will be a part of the eventual concession plan, probably.

Do I want you guys to "pay" for our union's mistakes? No, but you need to realize something here. You guys have expanded when we contracted. That is a fact. Now some of our guys get to come back, and there aren't as many mainline planes due to Delta parking the 727s, L1011s, etc.... Your RJs have expanded to California and JFK from DFW----and a lot of our people sat and picked up unemloyment. You need to get off your high horse and accept the fact that these unfortunate pilots are finally coming back to something they love too. I don't know what they will fly--but it might be 70 seat RJs---and I don't think Grinstein would care much if they did. He just wants a deal. I am sorry if that ruins some of your plans---many of our pilots have had a lot of plans ruined also in the last 3 years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back