• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA contract.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's a great attitude asacap, let's take it out on the people who pay our salary. I know, let's make every flight as late as possible, that will show the company! Sorry folks we were 30 minutes late beacuse I was too lazy to pick up the mic and remind the company to send a fuel truck, please fly again with us.
MetroSherff excellent point. Let the negotiators do their job and we will do ours.

Jungle Prop,

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to upset the passengers either but I place the blame on management for dragging this out. There is only so much that I'm willing to take from them. If they cared about the passengers so much then we would have a contract by now. According to our negotiators, management has not been negotiating in good faith. Sometimes, management needs to be reminded that we are an important part of the equation. Pure and simple.

Also, it's not laziness to not pick up the mic and order fuel. The SP's specifically say NOT to do that because it is an implied service and it will increase radio congestion. It is simply not your job to do that AND a violation of the SP's.

Jungle Prop said:
Sorry folks we were 30 minutes late beacuse I was too lazy to pick up the mic and remind the company to send a fuel truck, please fly again with us.

Change to read:

"Sorry folks, we are 30 minutes late because ASA can't get it's act together. It is impossible for me to fuel the aircraft myself, so we'll have to wait until ASA sends a truck. That may take awhile since our Departure Coordinator is having a lunch break, and he has no direct supervision. Possibly, when night falls, and the gate is needed, they may notice something askew. Then, after a myriad of phone calls, it will be discovered that our flight has not yet departed. Then, but only then, will we be sent our fuel. Thanks and welcome aboard the After School Airline...."

One call to the Departure Coordinator.

Yeah guys,

That's a good idea. That's the way to treat our customers ... you remember the customers, the people who pay our salaries?

You want to get paid like a real airline, but you want to act like a 2 year old.

Let the MEC do its job. They might know more about what's going on than we do.

Everyone wants to provide a nice service to the passengers. Sometimes though, it's not possible. Organization is still lacking throughout. I don't get paid to chase after fuel trucks, catering trucks or rampers. Besides, if the departure guy doesn't handle it, guess who gets the delay...

asacap said:
To all ASA pilots,

Otherwise, they are rewarded everyday this drags out.

My biggest sticking point with this contract is 100% retro/back pay. This is the only thing we as a unionized group have to keep managment honest and timely. If we always agree for some half assed retro, managment will never be under any pressure to get the new contract signed. We are working for peanuts right now and it really pisses me off. I hope the pilot group stresses the need for meaningful retro pay to our CNC. This is a perfect time to let managment know this is the last contract they can drag their feet on....

100% or a NO vote

see ya

Oakum_Boy said:
Change to read:

"Sorry folks, we are 30 minutes late because ASA can't get it's act together. It is impossible for me to fuel the aircraft myself, so we'll have to wait until ASA sends a truck. That may take awhile since our Departure Coordinator is having a lunch break, and he has no direct supervision. Possibly, when night falls, and the gate is needed, they may notice something askew. Then, after a myriad of phone calls, it will be discovered that our flight has not yet departed. Then, but only then, will we be sent our fuel. Thanks and welcome aboard the After School Airline...."

One call to the Departure Coordinator.

You nailed it! LOL.

We should always write-up all maintenance problems, especially when we are at outstations (that expensive contract maintenance bill will make a big dent in management's bonus checks). I am so tired of crews flying around all day with broken stuff on the aircraft, and then writing it all up at the end of the day just before I get the aircraft for my nap with 5 hours of ground time.

If you are in maintenance you just need to clearly explain the problem to the pax. They will be glad that you are not flying them around in a broken aircraft. If the frequent flyers start to notice that our aircraft are always broken I believe they will blame management, not the pilots.

sleepy said:
You nailed it! LOL.

We should always write-up all maintenance problems, especially when we are at outstations (that expensive contract maintenance bill will make a big dent in management's bonus checks). I am so tired of crews flying around all day with broken stuff on the aircraft, and then writing it all up at the end of the day just before I get the aircraft for my nap with 5 hours of ground time.

If you are in maintenance you just need to clearly explain the problem to the pax. They will be glad that you are not flying them around in a broken aircraft. If the frequent flyers start to notice that our aircraft are always broken I believe they will blame management, not the pilots.

Hello? How about, write up maintenance problems because it's a FAR, not just because it inconveniences you going on your overnight?

English said:
Hello? How about, write up maintenance problems because it's a FAR, not just because it inconveniences you going on your overnight?

You mean that it is also required by the FAA? I don't think that any of us knew that. Thank you English for bringing this to our attention.

I know everyone else here on this board knew it. It was you that caused the wave of the red flag.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back