Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jetflyer said:
Hey Sleepy,

We at Comair do support you guys. We 100% support you and hope you get everything you deserve. We hope your management gets their heads out of their a##es. We wish we WERE NOT in ATLANTA and DO NOT want to hurt your bargaining postions at all! I don't know why you get the impression we like it there or want to even be there one bit! The Atlanta base is going to go VERY VERY VERY junior. Nobody wants to got there. They're probably going to have to junior man many Captains and FOs. Sleepy, you guys are our brothers, and you need to see the truth. We Support you!

Like Palerider957 said we're just doing what we're told. By the way Palerider, you seem like a class act and you represent ASA well. Thanks for seeing things how they are.

Jetflyer

Well said jetflyer. I am sure sleepy is a junior captain that used to hold a line in ATL and has been kicked back to reserve due to the cut back in lines. Like I tell all of them, I will trade the right seat and my hard line for captain pay and reserve any day.

No takers yet

No, I am a senior FO who once held a good line in ATL. If I want to be a Capt in ATL it looks like I will have to quit ASA and get hired at Comair.

I don't blame all Comair pilots, and I realize that this is one of our management's silly games, but I base my opinion on the comments of a few our our Comair guests in ATL. My advice to Comair pilots is to keep your enthusiasm for a fast up-grade to yourselves while in our crew lounge. Things will probably be better when you have one of your own.

sleepy said:
No, I am a senior FO who once held a good line in ATL. If I want to be a Capt in ATL it looks like I will have to quit ASA and get hired at Comair.

I don't blame all Comair pilots, and I realize that this is one of our management's silly games, but I base my opinion on the comments of a few our our Comair guests in ATL. My advice to Comair pilots is to keep your enthusiasm for a fast up-grade to yourselves while in our crew lounge. Things will probably be better when you have one of your own.

I don't think it is fair to base your opinion of the entire pilot group on a "few" pilots. I have never heard anything of the sort from any Comair pilot.

Ease up

Ductleak- ASA will get an industry leading contract and those 25 jets will be on our ramp.
Commuting stinks, period. My FO missed her connection this morning and I'm typing this in my jammies at home (I stopped commuting last month). Good luck, ASA is a good company and I predict great days ahead. And, no, I am not drinking- that is later:D

Sleepy ... you are way off base here.

Every Comair crew I have seen downstairs in our crewroom or in the cockpit has been absolutely first rate and conducted themselves accordingly.

They may have some gripes on the radio about the ATL ramp, but for that matter, so do we.

I, for one, understand why they are in ATL. It has nothing to do with their choice ... just as we had no choice when we sent ATR's to CVG or when we flew those 3 Comair birds during their strike.

Comair and ASA crews are in the same boat. We have no better ally and neither do they.

sleepy said:

Quick upgrade at CMR is a thing of the past, but I do apologize if any of my peers said anything to upset you.

We were pleased that DCI awarded ASA the most jets with the recent RFP. It is your turn to grow--you guys have been stagnant for the past year or so while we have not. Now the tables have been turned and I for one am pleased that my friends at ASA will once again have opportunities to upgrade, hold better lines, etc.

I understand that you may not be pleased by Comair's expansion into Atlanta, the same as we are not pleased by CHQ's expansion in Cincinnati. The important thing to remember, though, is that we are pilots--pilots fly; pilots do not make the determination as to where we fly; that is a management function. I certainly hope that both ASA and CMR can continue to work together in conjunction with DALPA to set some real limits on the amount of flying that is farmed out to contract carriers. Additionally, I am proud to be part of a pilot group that said "thanks, but no thanks" to concessions in exchange for growth and I genuinely hope that you guys are able to make strides in your negotiations.

In summary, Comair has no greater ally than ASA and vice versa. Let's make sure that we continue to stand together moving forward and tackle the issues that concern all of our futures.

I am proud to be part of a pilot group that said "thanks, but no thanks" to concessions in exchange for growth

Awesome.

On another note, has anyone heard that Fred Buttrell, DCI's fearless leader, will also be leaving the nest ???

These grievances are over ego. I am familiar with several grievances over hotel rooms on scheduled breaks over 5 hours (like Continuous Duty Overnights) where the company refused to provide hotel rooms when the flights diverted. The crews have asked that the Company "cease and desist" the denial of the hotel rooms becasue the contract clearly states that pilots are to be provided hotel rooms on any break over 5 hours. The Company's position is that crew scheduling "owns" the pilots for 16 hours a day and the pilots have to remain where ever they are told to be for 16 hours. ( This is also coming up on cancellations in the middle of a trip where crews are being told to remain at the airport ).

First, diversions on naps (CDO's) are not than common.

Second, the crews are not even asking for compensation, just the Company's acknowledgement of section 5.1 of the contract, as it is written.

Third, the Company is fighting the grievance.... Makes no sense outside of ego.

~~~^~~~

sleepy said:

My advice to Comair pilots is to keep your enthusiasm for a fast up-grade to yourselves while in our crew lounge.

I don't know what you're hearing, or why you let it get to you so much, but upgrades at Comair are few and far between. Using retirement as the only known attrition, it could take until 2011 for the upgrade option to reach a current, senior, third-year F.O.

Most Comair Pilots I've visited with hate flying into ATL. I'd personally like to see our MEC negotiate a $25 premium pay for every leg that operates in or out of ATL...compensation for having to deal with the slothfullness, lack of communication, and lack of accountability that plague ASA's ramp operations in ATL.

compensation for having to deal with the slothfullness, lack of communication, and lack of accountability that plague ASA's ramp operations in ATL.

That is the most accurate description of not only the Atlanta airport but of the entire Atlanta community !

Latest resources

Back