ASA contract.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sleepy said:
No, I am a senior FO who once held a good line in ATL. If I want to be a Capt in ATL it looks like I will have to quit ASA and get hired at Comair.

I don't blame all Comair pilots, and I realize that this is one of our management's silly games, but I base my opinion on the comments of a few our our Comair guests in ATL. My advice to Comair pilots is to keep your enthusiasm for a fast up-grade to yourselves while in our crew lounge. Things will probably be better when you have one of your own.

Fast upgrade? Are you for real? Sleepy, I'm sorry, but you sir, are an idiot! Things have come to a screeching halt here. There are no upgrades. The last vacancy bid for 12 captains was cancelled (or so I believe). Things are going to get stagnant here while you guys grow. And quite frankly, I'm OK with that. I would rather see you guys grow than the others. I'm sick of you bashing us. If we wanted to screw you guys, we would have given in to the "concessions for growth." BUT WE DIDN'T! Need I repeat myself? So quit whining about us and get to work to make us the second best contract (and hopefully the third with XJET). Course I'm getting the feeling you would "give-in" to management before going on strike (if nothing else but to just get-back-at-Comair). I hope I'm wrong, very wrong.

--Sky

would it be safer and better, in your opinions to stay here and just put up with the commuting or go ahead and jump ship now for a better QOL w/o the commute out of DFW? Is the future at ASA looking bad due to this contract? What is the upgrade time looking like over there?

Ductleak -

Nobody knows the answers to these questions, and anyone that pretends to know is doing just that - pretending to know. Good luck with your decision.

rjcap said:
That is the most accurate description of not only the Atlanta airport but of the entire Atlanta community !

That is absolutely true. It is not just the airport. Everytime you go somewhere to buy something they act like you are bothering them. As for a base, it will have to be after Dallas, because our managment told us the three things we can count on are death, taxes, and a dallas base. Over here we believe everything they tell us. <insert sarcastic remark here>
After that Hell will freeze over and then you will see an atlanta base. How is the crack down there just in case?

SkylerS said:
Fast upgrade? Are you for real? Sleepy, I'm sorry, but you sir, are an idiot! Things have come to a screeching halt here. There are no upgrades. The last vacancy bid for 12 captains was cancelled (or so I believe). Things are going to get stagnant here while you guys grow. And quite frankly, I'm OK with that. I would rather see you guys grow than the others. I'm sick of you bashing us. If we wanted to screw you guys, we would have given in to the "concessions for growth." BUT WE DIDN'T! Need I repeat myself? So quit whining about us and get to work to make us the second best contract (and hopefully the third with XJET). Course I'm getting the feeling you would "give-in" to management before going on strike (if nothing else but to just get-back-at-Comair). I hope I'm wrong, very wrong.

--Sky

I am just repeating what one of your pilots said. A junior base in ATL (where nobody in their right Comair mind would want to live) will mean fast upgrades for those willing to live in the jungle.

Sleepy,

Glad to see that you've seen the light, just in your posts on this thread...

sleepy: I don't blame all Comair pilots, and I realize that this is one of our management's silly games,

sleepy, earlier: As for Comair, ... It doesn't seem to be hurting their feelings too much to take our flying and weaken our bargaining positions in ATL.

that said, i can understand the hard feelings, with our rapid expansion in ATL. I hear plenty of b!tching at CMR about CHQ since they took over Orlando, and since they're scheduled to start flying routes out of CVG. still, they went from a Mesa-like contract to a much better one, even if it's not quite as good as ours. and have no grudge against their pilots - they have no more say in where they fly than I do.

As for all this talk about a crew base in ATL for Comair, don't hold your breath. Yes, they are doing some contingency planning in case it goes through. But Delta has not asked us to go down there yet. and with big D losing 400 million this quarter, i doubt they're gung ho about paying all the costs associated with a new base. in the short term, i suppose it's easier to rent out the westin and deadhead 8 crews a day to ATL to cover the daily mishaps...

and by the way, if you're not happy with your lot at ASA, then demand better. fight for the contract you deserve, even if that means a strike. i think you underestimate your position right now. Hopefully, big D has learned that a long costly strike will cost them more than giving you what you've earned. If they haven't. well, then all of our futures are limited...

To all ASA pilots,

Please stop requesting services such as fueling, cleaning, catering, rampers, etc. (According to our SP's, those services are implied and not to be requested over the radio) Sit and wait to get parked, don't call ramp tower. (That too is not your job) These are many things management takes advantage of and then credit for when our on-time record improves. Also, Nav lights, tire inflation, seat belt problems, etc. ALL need to be written up. Maintenance may just defer most of these things but it takes up time and makes the FAA uneasy, which makes management uncomfortable. There are many legal things that we need to start doing to get managements attention. Otherwise, they are rewarded everyday this drags out.

asacap said:
To all ASA pilots,

Please stop requesting services such as fueling, cleaning, catering, rampers, etc. (According to our SP's, those services are implied and not to be requested over the radio) Sit and wait to get parked, don't call ramp tower. (That too is not your job) These are many things management takes advantage of and then credit for when our on-time record improves. Also, Nav lights, tire inflation, seat belt problems, etc. ALL need to be written up. Maintenance may just defer most of these things but it takes up time and makes the FAA uneasy, which makes management uncomfortable. There are many legal things that we need to start doing to get managements attention. Otherwise, they are rewarded everyday this drags out.

I don't think we're there yet. Personally I don't care who gets credit for what. The Atlanta ramp is running better now than it ever has, and I don't think it will do anybody any good to attempt to sabotage it.

Flame away.

Given the economy and the fact that customers get to speak with their pocket books, maybe we should be trying to give the customer better service, not worse.

Stooping to the management level only runs off the customer and in the long run a good contract isn't worth $hit with no customers.

Do your job the best you can. Leave the baragaining to those we elected.

My MEC speaks for me.

All I said is do your job and that's it. Anyway, management is laughing at us. They aren't even showing up for some of the negotiating sessions. They are showing us complete disrespect. I say we show it back to them. They are dragging this out intentionally. All I want is a new contract. Don't you?

Latest resources

Back