ASA-Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AVoiceOfReason said:
Looks to me like progress is finally being made. Also looks to me like some of you WANT to strike. Some of you need to look around and see what is happening in the industry. The Delta pilots just agreed to fly the E190 for $95 per hour at the top end!

AVoR,

No one wants to strike unless they really are a retard. But most of us will do it if it must be so. This crap has to stop somewhere.

I have looked around and I dont like what I see. Therefore, I choose to draw a line in the sand here. If this outfit cant compete and profit reasonably with a fair contract, then it probably is going to fail anyway.

I will not be a party to the further destruction of our profession.

Helllo.....hellooooo.....tap...tap....tap....Bryan.....Bryan....Jerry? Do you understand this.....helllooooooo

Amen!!

goodto50meters said:
AVoR,

No one wants to strike unless they really are a retard. But most of us will do it if it must be so. This crap has to stop somewhere.

I have looked around and I dont like what I see. Therefore, I choose to draw a line in the sand here. If this outfit cant compete and profit reasonably with a fair contract, then it probably is going to fail anyway.

Helllo.....hellooooo.....tap...tap....tap....Bryan.....Bryan....Jerry? Do you understand this.....helllooooooo

Amen to that, Brother!! Amen to that!!

-Blucher:bomb:

goodto50meters said:
AVoR,

This is a new world. The mainline carriers are putting the work out for bid. Even the mainline pilots are participating in the bidding. Now the DAL pilots are flying the EMB 190 for less than we fly the 70.

What is the "line in the sand". I ask the union folks what we are asking for and what we will strike for. I get answers like "we aren't asking for much" and just "QOL improvements". Then the company gets close on the commuter clause and long call reserve, and people talk like nothing is getting done.

Which is it?

A little is getting done. Is that the answer you wanted? It is still sub par to the agreement that SKW has in many area's.

Any of the SKW guy's on here read it yet? Do SKW pilots get 50% or 100% DH pay? How does it compare. I know the pay rates are similar but what else?

It's still sub standard in some areas. So it would be a NO for me.

AVoiceOfReason said:
This is a new world. The mainline carriers are putting the work out for bid. Even the mainline pilots are participating in the bidding. Now the DAL pilots are flying the EMB 190 for less than we fly the 70.

What is the "line in the sand". I ask the union folks what we are asking for and what we will strike for. I get answers like "we aren't asking for much" and just "QOL improvements". Then the company gets close on the commuter clause and long call reserve, and people talk like nothing is getting done.

Which is it?

Well it's like this.

Take DAL "proposed rate for the E190", I still have doubts that this is even in play, and run it out to 18 years at approx. 3% a year. What do you come up with. So when you look at a 12 year rate keep in mind that ASA "wanted an 18 year rate on the 700, not ALPA".

You asked someone what we will strike for. You will have the chance to review what is on the table before you vote.

AVoiceOfReason said:

Which is it?

I think people are talking like 'not enough' is getting done, not 'nothing'.

Someone said the 'devil is in the details', take a closer look at the unmatched paragraphs. Many are of a nature that ties the rest of the entire section together . Gee i wonder why these are not agreed upon yet????? Could it be that management negotiators are trying to render the sections worthless. Take the commute clause part for example. One small sentence renders the whole page a pile of crap. This is a Billable Heirs special according to the CNC.

Some progress is being made in all fairness.

The line in the sand: SkyWest comparable/NO 700 CUT/COLA/RETRO PAY

goodto50meters said:
I think people are talking like 'not enough' is getting done, not 'nothing'.

Someone said the 'devil is in the details', take a closer look at the unmatched paragraphs. Many are of a nature that ties the rest of the entire section together . Gee i wonder why these are not agreed upon yet????? Could it be that management negotiators are trying to render the sections worthless. Take the commute clause part for example. One small sentence renders the whole page a pile of crap. This is a Billable Heirs special according to the CNC.

Some progress is being made in all fairness.

The line in the sand: SkyWest comparable/NO 700 CUT/COLA/RETRO PAY

Gotta say I like how ya think...GOOD LUCK!!!

AVOICE- I doubt you will get it. You are probably a senior farker with a head topped of grey hair and full of bad wiring from the George and John days. The old crusty ASA captain with the 4 food groups on his tie and no resolve in his soul. Willing to sell out the junior for another year of seniority!

Can't you at least demand work rules on par with Airtran? They don't have premium but since they treat their employees well they don't need it!

I have Airtran roomies on reserve with 12 days off and it is livable with a last day release if no assignment. Why can't we? They work naps 3 on 3 off, et cetera.

I will not give in to your concessionary, take in the arse, attitude. I pray that the others will join me and reject what is total B.S from management!

The very tone of your post speaks volumes and you better pray that folks such as me do hold the line so that you (and other senior cowards) reap the benefits of a decent contract.

AVoiceOfReason said:

Which is it?

CLOSE! Sorry Scott, but close ain't gonna hunt. Quit bringing up the Delta 190 rate too. You have to factor in their benefit costs as well, plus Delta hasn't even ordered the damn thing, if they can even get 'em!

The company knows what they have to do to get this done. We'll see shortly what the mediator proposes. If it favors management, then expect the worse. And if the absolute worse happens (ASA go out of business) you management types will be out of work too. Doubt that Skywest will move you over to SLC.

Hoser

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back