• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA-Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't get it? The pay rates are less than they are now. F that!

No, its an increase on the 50. Average is about 20-35 CENTS per hour!!!
Decrease on the 70, both seats.

This sucks

What is up with the FO's pay? 20 cents an hour raise is CRAP! McDonalds called, they are offering me a pay raise!
$2-4 hr for captains?
I know the company can do better.
50% Dead head pay?

Last edited:
Regular and Relief Pilots on Reserve​

If a regular or relief pilot has been removed from a trip, or portion thereof, and Crew Scheduling has no immediate additional assignment for the pilot, he may be released or be placed on short-call reserve during the trip hour duty period f the original trip. If such pilot is placed on reserve and receives an assignment, such assignment may not exceed the limitations set out in paragraph J.2.a, above.

short-call reserve pilot may be called to the airport only for a specific
assignment,or to be ready-reserve, which may be subsequently
rescheduled and or extended.

A short-call reserve pilot may, if he is not released, be required to remain at
the airport for up to one (1) hour from his normal release time for the
of accepting further assignment.​

Last edited:
wil said:
3 plus years for that p.o.s. proposal? I will vote no if the T.A. looks anything like that!

I like what they did with reserve long/short/ready, bucket, fly me first, etc. I also like the commuter clause. 2 flights is enough because it's not supposed to relieve us of all responsibilty to get to work, just provide some relief.

But even many of the matched items are not acceptable.
Integration.
No elimination of single days off. They only guarantee one every seven.
No mention of min days off after CDOs.
Six years to earn 3 weeks vacation when the rest of the world is five.
No using sick time for PTO days. We still have occurences.
10 days off (should be 12).
Six hard days off on reserve, all should be hard.
No change in reserves picking up open time.
50% dhd.
No trip or duty rigs.
No pemium.

The company failed in trying to make themselves look good by posting this, and the CNC has not improved many important areas. Not to mention there is still a lot of loose language.

And these pretzels are making me thirsty...I'll vote no!

Last edited:
CDOs

If the company requires a pilot to fly 2 CDOs or BOTCs in any combination, without an intervening 24 hrs free from duty, the pilot will be scheduled for at least 48 hrs off following the third such duty period.

Sect 12 pg 5 Sec 3f.
Maybe our MEC got it fixed.

The sea was angry my friend, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli.

Airboss said:
If the company requires a pilot to fly 2 CDOs or BOTCs in any combination, without an intervening 24 hrs free from duty, the pilot will be scheduled for at least 48 hrs off following the third such duty period.

Sect 12 pg 5 Sec 3f.
Maybe our MEC got it fixed.

The sea was angry my friend, like an old man trying to return soup at a deli.

That's not as good as it used to be before being reinterpreted. If you finish your third nap on say, Monday at 7am, they could give you a 7am Wednesday show for a 4 day. 48 hours off, but only one full calendar day off, not good enough.

WOW is all I can say. I'm at XJT and on 10 year pay. That proposal is 5$ an hour less than I'm at. The scheduling section is simply horrible. We have more money in the pay rates...(almost 8%) and we make the most of our money in the scheduling sectin....ie vacation clause etc. Keep the faith guys.

No strike clause, yeah right!
Having to accept a mediators proffer of arbitration. No thanks.
There is no difference in FO pay from 70 to 50! 2$ difference between capt 50 and 70!

For all those wanting a job at ASA, $300 a week for new hires and no per piem. Loved the note about "Profit Sharing Details that we never got".

Per diem $1.55 and $1.60 at DOS + 36 mnths.

No trip or duty rigs and giving up premium pay! No!

Scheduling section is better but still not adequate.

No BACK PAY!

Well, I guess mismanagements memo has not had the desired results! It has seemed to inflame the group more than the other way around. 50% DH pay. No way. CDO language. No way. Pay rates. No way! There is NO WAY this will get done, management is sweating now. THey NEED to get this done. This was a desparate move. Is a strike looming?

The CDO language basically lets them do what they do now after 2 CDOs instead of after 3. Not good. You either do naps or regular lines.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back