ASA-Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

79%N1

Did anyone notice on FLICA, the company posted a propoganda piece about negotiatios. The gist was that ALPA is spinning the talks, and they have posted the companies proposals for all to read. I suppose they want us to turn on the CNC, or pressure them into picking up the pace. A couple of observations;

First, they are actually in agreement on a lot of issues. Most, perhaps. Even some things that leave a bit to be desired seem to have been agreed upon, mainly IMO, open time. The scheduling and reserve dont look too bad. Bucket system, and call me first.

Un-freakin-believably, there is no increase to new-hire pay. $19.02/hr in 2007???? Come on, those were 1997 wages, and low at that. Thay don't show any longevity increases, but there is reduction to 700 pay. Not sure if 200 pay went up or not. Strangely, they still included emb120 pay rates???

It seems like much is agreed to, or close to it. However, the blood-bath is going to be in compensation, I believe.

3 plus years for that p.o.s. proposal? I will vote no if the T.A. looks anything like that!

that proposal is crap ! you can only use the commuter clause 2 times before you have disciplinary action ?? Not to mention no pay raise, and and 8% cut om the 700 , ASA MNGT GO POUND SAND < NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Hey 2 times is way better than nothing. If you use it more than 2 times in a year you deserve some type of action. One never deserves a get out of jail free card.

deangelo, get lost. you idiots agreed to a pay freeze for growth,(very stupid, go tell management to pound sand. you pilots make safety of flight decisions not management/ growth decisions, especially at your expense) and now just recently you guys agreed to a race to the bottom leading concession package. nice job. you guys worked so hard to get what you had , and gave it all away.

gave SOME away and making it up with an extra trip here and there with quite a few days off still. Laughing as guys actually thing they are making a difference. Ill go finish that martini now and light another cigar with some money

letthebigdogeat said:
For everyone to view go to www.asacontract.com, pilots, company proposal (top left)...

I will vote no to anything with a W-2 decrease. It's that simple.

I'm not willing to sell the payrate short to be considered for more 70's. I'm not willing to trade pay for the gamble that we can compete with the roaches at Mesa and win. Because that is what this really comes down to. Take concessions and hope you win more aircraft, but if you don't, then guess what? You lose.

As far as SkyWest Inc. is concerned, it doesn't matter where the carrot 70's go. Fine, send them to the Skywest side, they've already fallen for the 70 for 50 pay scam, let them have the chance to 'win' more airplanes. If SkyWest Inc. wins this concession, they're just gonna go back to the SkyWest side and work them down more. Then back to us. It's the perfect system...against us. I'll play the game as well and I guarantee it'll cost the company more than a measly 1-3% pay increase. Nothing illegal, no threats, just by the book. I bet in one single flight a month's worth of salary increase for a single crew can be won or lost. Easily.

Sorry guys, if you want the commuter clause and no-fly/will-fly reverse order reserve system, but when it's all said and done, my payrate is what keeps my family, house and car intact and I'll vote accordingly.

Last edited:
What a crock!!! I have only looked at the compensation section so far and it is complete crap!!! Pay freezes, pay cuts, loose repo def. (could mean flight repo and only get 15 min of pay!!), loss of underblock, and the final kicker.....you will not have to wait 15 days from the day all supporting documents are received by the company before they are required to pay you. (use to be 3 days!!)
This is a joke!

Latest resources

Back