ASA-Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
socony_air said:
The paradigm I'd most like to see shift is for 'ol JB to shut his trap. But, I digress. ASA --- NO Chance with an offer like that. Why bother even putting that out? Keep it up --- you're only making things worse.

Maybe when the ATR's are sold, Joe Merchant will go with the aircraft. Or maybe he will follow Scott Hall when he get canned. No such luck. He will probably be a chief pilot for all his sucking up to the MAN!

JoeMerchant said:
Scott is far superior to any person we have had in this type of position before. He is actually flying the line and sees first hand some of the problems. He, along with Charlie and Jerry, ARE changing things for the better. It isn't fair to hold him or Jerry responsible for the mistakes made by their predecessors.quote]

Far superior? Geez, give me a break John! Never would have thought you'd become cozy with management. What are they promising you John?

One example of Scott being superior is his statement backing up one CP who told a pilot "can't you just wash your drawers at the hotel"! Anyway, obviously you like what you're hearing from him, so good for you.

Who do we hold responsible John? When you purchased something you then own it entirely, including past practices. One can change/improve 'mistakes' made in the past, or let them continue. Look at the crap the FAs put up with! I haven't seen a lot of changes yet.

BTW, you running for LEC Capt Rep, and is Lynn gonna run for MEC like Scott wants? Still waiting on that answer.....

Hoser

Scott joined Brian, Charlie and everyone elses attitude in mngmnt of wanting to forget the past and move on into the future. But, anyone with an ounce of brains and common sense knows that if you don't acknowledge and learn from the past you are bound to repeat it.

Mngmnt just doesn't want to admit that they ever do anything wrong. This was clear in the MEC's meeting with Jerry and Brian. It is also apparent that our mngmnt blames the pilots for everything that goes wrong between us and managment. Look at this stupid memo they just put out with this proposal. "It's all the Associations fault that the pilots don't have a contract." Whatever!

John, how do you figure that both sides have drug their feet in negotiations. The Association made a play that things would improve with the industry and neither side pushed too hard in the beginning. But, managment is the only side who had anything to gain after the industry got worse.

Read yesterdays SLC trib. article and see how long DAL had been trying to sell us to SKW. I guarantee DAL told Skippy to stall and keep things staus quo until the sale was final. Hmmm, about the same amount of time that we have been negotiating?

Latest resources

Back