• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA-Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still trying to figure out what they hoped to accomplish by doing this?

If that came out as a TA it would be shot down without a doubt.

D'Angelo said:
gave SOME away and making it up with an extra trip here and there with quite a few days off still. Laughing as guys actually thing they are making a difference. Ill go finish that martini now and light another cigar with some money

What is really funny is that Fred is going to come for more. And you will offer up doing his yard work, wash his car, clean his pool and pick up after his dog so you can make the same money.

I hear all this complaining but what did you expect? Why did you even waste YOUR time to even look at it. Did you really think they were going to post something that you would like?

GET OVER IT! THEY ARE WHO THEY ARE!

How did the song go.. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss!

GO AROUND said:

If that came out as a TA it would be shot down without a doubt.

The company's Quija Board is down for repair. They are having to make their stupid decision manually.

This management is incompetent even by airline management standards. When they hired Scott Hall he was so dumb that even the other managers noticed. They are working the crew lounge and when pilots go up and engage management or even when management engages them they take that as weakness. Unless of course our pilots just simply state that "I support our negotiating team and negotiations are not held in the crew lounge". Scott Hall has spent his time asking our pilots questions. He has determined that most pilots are aware that we must be the low cost leader to get those new jets. He has also surmised that our pilots like 5 day trips. The list goes on. The company wants to know what our pilots want. They are receiving the pilot’s requirements for a fair contract from our negotiating proposals. They just don't get it. Send them a strong message--If you spent as much time in preparing for negotiations as you do working the crew lounge we would already be two years into a new agreement.

Most of these buffoons will be gone within a year. If they last that long.

GO AROUND said:

They are getting desperate that's one of the reasons. The company's lawyer did notify our negotiating team about posting this on the company propaganda site. The negotiating team feels this is an unusual step for the company to take. But, the negotiaton team wants everyone to view it and make up their own mind about it.

I think the company wants to just put it out there and see what the response will be in the hope of the majority buying off on it. Then, with that ammo, they can stop negotiating (like they've done for years now) and get an arbitrator (when that happens) to force a pilot vote on it.

Or, the company may be waiting on Joe Merchant to launch his campaign when our MEC Chair retires this May. Oh, btw JB, you still haven't stated whether you or LJ will run for MEC Chair. Why not?

Here's what I would do about this. Just tell any management (incl CPs) that the company's proposal is unacceptable and that the negotiation team has your backing. When Scott Hall is in the lounge and trys to engage you, just tell him that the negotiation team does the negotiating, and then just walk away. Better yet, when you see him walk in, just walk away without saying a word!

Hoser
Still waiting on JB/LJ to announce for the MEC Chair!
Scott Hall thinks LJ would be a great pick for MEC Chair!

HoserASA said:
Or, the company may be waiting on Joe Merchant to launch his campaign when our MEC Chair retires this May. Oh, btw JB, you still haven't stated whether you or LJ will run for MEC Chair. Why not?

Hoser
Still waiting on JB/LJ to announce for the MEC Chair!
Scott Hall thinks LJ would be a great pick for MEC Chair!

Why would John B. waste his time running for MEC Chair. Longshot hardly seems to describe his chances.

Check out Section 24 G: They got rid of FO Bypass pay... The company will be able to put new hires anywhere they want completely Disregarding SENORITY!

I have been bypassed for the 50 for 1.5 years, since there are JUNIOR PILOTS flying in the seat that I want, can hold and there were vacancies for, I bid the 700 for the bypass pay.... This bypass pay is the only justification for throwing SR out the window. WITH THIS NEW PROPOSAL THE BYPASS PAY IS GONE!!! WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

Well, if this was managements way of trying to win us over by showing us what a "fair" proposal they have made, I think it will back fire in their face. It's so pathetic I don't even know where to begin. While some of the language is in the ball park, overall, it is a very subpar offering....to which I don't even have to have a second thought about before I would vote NO.

Our MEC should send Brian a nice Vermont Teddy Bear as a sign of thanks for being so politically stupid. Oh, I forgot, maybe we should sent it to Billable Hiers at Ford & Harrison... and on another note

Posting this stuff like management did is nothing but a last minute excersize in desperation. They know that their back is against the wall from SkyWest and ASA Pilots to get a deal. This is a classic attempt to shift the negotiations from the table to the press and court of public opinion.

Management is not getting their way in convincing the pilots to take concessions so they post all of this in the hopes that we all will go "wow" look how generous management is....we'll take it! Even though its not generous.

In other words, this is a good sign that management is reaching the end of their rope. Dont take the bait. Stay the course!

Nice try LaBrecque, Tutt, Hall, Hayes, Billable Heirs, Atkin, Johnlynn: but, MY NEGOTIATION TEAM SPEAKS FOR ME at the table!

Looking forward to my strike ballot! YES....I like pressure do you Brian?

Looks to me like progress is finally being made. Also looks to me like some of you WANT to strike. Some of you need to look around and see what is happening in the industry. The Delta pilots just agreed to fly the E190 for $95 per hour at the top end!

Latest resources

Back